Anyone noticed an increase in gear prices lately? Loads of the pedals I was looking to buy have shot up in price, and it's put my pedal board plans a few steps back, and the Bugera head I was looking to buy has gone up by £50. Didn't realise the economic situation would start affecting guitar prices so quickly.
Quote by Odlid
not in my country

they're getting cheaper

haha rub it in sunshine

i have'nt noticed a dramatic price increase in guitars themselves (if anything they're gettin cheaper), as for pedals + amps, they probably are/will be on the increase
lets just hope this recession gets sorted soon
Quote by treflip
Anyone noticed an increase in gear prices lately? Loads of the pedals I was looking to buy have shot up in price, and it's put my pedal board plans a few steps back, and the Bugera head I was looking to buy has gone up by £50. Didn't realise the economic situation would start affecting guitar prices so quickly.

Prices have jumped up on thomann in particular which I imagine is not coincidental with the pounds slump against the Euro in the last couple weeks.
Framus cobra heads are 1600, pretty sure they used to be around the 1400 mark notl long ago
the b-52 at 112 had a big price drop here in the US
and the epiphone les paul standards was once $300 now its $500
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Most Epiphone guitars jumped by $200... for instance the Les Paul Prophecy guitars are now $800. I wanted one, too.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Most Epiphone guitars jumped by $200... for instance the Les Paul Prophecy guitars are now $800. I wanted one, too.

yea i was planning to buy one this year but the prices went up
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
The Takamine I was about to buy went up by £30.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Just realised GAK have jacked their MIM Tele prices up by £115
And the MIM Strats are now £400 on GAK, as are the Washburn X50 Pros.

This is ridiculous.

And they don't even do 112 VC30s anymore :|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
the 6505+ went down by like £150 on GAK...
But yeah, my guitar was £659 when I got it, now its £769.
****ing annoying... Going used for now, everyone will be wanting to sell stuff becuase they are losing money.
Gear:
Peavey JSX Head
Ibanez PGM301
Randall R212CB

Simple.
Alot of Ibanez's went up in price, as much as 300 bucks for some of them. The AD-9 pedal used to be $100 5-6 months ago, now it's almost $150...
I guess it's affecting Australia too, because some MI Audio stuff used to be 40 dollars cheaper.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Welcome to a global economic recession. Just because we're writers and musicians dosn't mean reality dosn't apply to us.
The only price increases I've noticed in the US are minor increases in pedal prices. The SD-1 now costs $59 vs. $49. But some have gone down. The TS9 dropped from $99 to $89. Lots of amp prices are down too. The 5150III is down to $1699 sucks for the guys that bought them when they were almost 3000
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by CanCan
Christmas, most likely.

this

GAK's proces have been on the rise

i reckon its cuz its cristmas people will buy anyway
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Alot of prices are being raised now and even more so after christmas due to the Dollar - GPB conversion rate. A USA strat costs a hell of a lot more in the uk now.
Good thing i don't like strats.
Sweet.
Inflation sucks. Also, some corporate fat cats think if they mark it up, they won't sell as many in the slow economy but will make more money, rather than marking it cheaper, selling more, and keeping the cash flow going until things even out, and then try to turn a nice profit.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Welcome to a global economic recession. Just because we're writers and musicians dosn't mean reality dosn't apply to us.

Exactly.
Adam
Why would guitars and gear be immune from price increases. Wages go up, shipping costs go up, wood prices go up, so the final product would then go up.
Quote by Bloodshed
The only price increases I've noticed in the US are minor increases in pedal prices. The SD-1 now costs $59 vs. $49. But some have gone down. The TS9 dropped from $99 to $89. Lots of amp prices are down too. The 5150III is down to $1699 sucks for the guys that bought them when they were almost 3000

But didn't you see EVERYTHING Epi go up $100 a couple months ago? Gibson, too, up 20% accross the board.
they're getting cheaper in NZ too.
I guess that's because they're all on sale.
all boss products are like 35% or 25% off haha.

no price increases here for a while now that i think of it though
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
on average, all prices should go up about 4.1% annually.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
The B 52 AT 112 went down by about $200 (amazing amp btw)

but i guess all this price dropping is balanced out by the diving gas prices
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
its deffinatley christmas. here in australia the ibanez rg2550z was selling for $1800, then a couple of weeks ago it got up to $2100, but its back down now since christmas is over
FOR SALE: MESA BOOGIE STUDIO PREAMP
Ship Worldwide, Message me for details.
I bought my amp for 800 (stickerprice was 860, but we scored 60 bucks off cause it was the floor model. ) and I saw it last week at $915

oh yeah.

Happy I bought when I did. Though, inconvenient that other stuff is going up too.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by Tackleberry
Why would guitars and gear be immune from price increases. Wages go up, shipping costs go up, wood prices go up, so the final product would then go up.

Nobody said gear would be exempt from price rises, I'm just raising the point that some gear has incrased in price massively.
When I started playing guitar a Gibson les paul standard cost somewhere around $1700-$1900, a les paul classic cost $1300-$1500 and a les paul studio cost $1000-$1100.