I've got a gig to organise for my A-level music course in college and we have a band but we need songs which incorperate a trumpet lol. Preferably well known up beat songs soft rock and moderately easy thanks
anything by five iron frenzy..haha.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
anything by less than jake

not really soft rock
but cool trumpet parts haha
Quote by mental_zer0

The fear of the clock became too obvious. got expelled.

Quote by jmilli2
Spread rumours that she is a jew. Then all you need to do is sit back and wait for the secret police to make her 'disappear'.

lol?
Look into mighty mighty bosstones, And you may even be able to incorporate trumpet into some Dropkick Murphys music, they use alot of bag pipes and tin whistles.
Look into Dominican Bachata or Meregue. A LOT of this songs have trumpet and sax and a lot of things, but some are simple and you may like them hehe.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by IPlaySchecter
Alot of the old Chicago music used alot of horns as well. Chicago the band.

Good man. Also, "Conquest" - The White Stripes.
king for a day - greenday

alright, my fireshield is ready!! bring it onn!!!
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
Look at some ska!
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
Pretty Little Ditty - Red Hot Chili Peppers. You guys know that butterfly song? The really stupid one that's like "come my lady you're my butterfly... etc"? Well they sampled their whole song off a small part of Pretty Little Ditty.
2007 American Deluxe Strat
Crate Palomino V32 - 1x12
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
Subway to Venus
Hump de Bump

both by RHCP
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
both my suggestions have been mentioned already. chicago or mighty mighty bosstones.
someone already mentioned them, but City of Delusion and Knights of Cydonia by Muse. Knights of Cydonia just has a trumpet part, but City of Delusion has a trumpet solo. But Knights of Cydonia is more well known.

And to whoever said King for a Day, that's a good one too. But it has kind of odd lyrics...

You could do Final Countdown haha.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Any song by Reel Big Fish

Also, Handlebars by Flobots. Beware, dont bother attempting it only to kill the style of the solo. I'm a fairly advanced trumpet player, and I play it well. If I weren't as good as I am... people would just tell me to stop.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Adhesive by Stone Temple Pilots has a trumpet solo................at least i think its a trumpet
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
conquest,white stripes
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.