So i got this Old school f-hole acoustic of my chemistry teacher for like £20. It's pretty wierd tbh cuz i was biddin on two of them in one auction, and i got out bid, and then in class he was telling us about these two guitars he'd just bought for like £90, off ebay, and i was like i was bidding on them, and he offered me one, cuz he didnt like em after all, for £20. i think i might buy the other one of him aswell later.

The guitar has a sticker on the front of the headstock that says egmond and one on the back that says made in holland.

Anyway, theres a reason he sold it to me so cheap. it looks like a steal, but there is a LOT wrong with it. THe tuners all slip and are all different. The bridge is offcentre. the frets need re-doing, and he fretboard is reversed radiused, probs cuz its so old. and the neck is bowed to extremes, which means the actions well high, and yet at abiut the 7th fret it buzzes.

Also the finish is completely knackered, needs comlplete re-doing, or i could leave it oldschool. I'm not really a guitarist, but a bassist, so im kinda learning to play on this thing.

Pics:

The pics are balls because it is the worst camera i have ever used.
Fender J-bass 24f
Fender Jaguar Bass
Schecter Stiletto Custom 5
Ashdown Electric Blue EVO II
looks like a ton of work, good luck!

Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
That thing looks like it could be absolutely amazing after a little fixing up
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
Lots of work, but it could turn into something nice. After the 100GBP build, I'd recommend putting more money into it.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Nice. As the use of archtop acoustics has pretty much disappeared now, I'd be tempted to put one or two chrome dog-eared P90s in there. Add a couple of vintage lookin controls and it'd be a lovely thing. For £20 it sounds like a steal!
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
I really like it and it sounds abit like a banjo, which is pretty crazy.
First job is new tuners or neck, but not sure when i can get any work done soon. Probs wait til some time in the new year.
Fender J-bass 24f
Fender Jaguar Bass
Schecter Stiletto Custom 5
Ashdown Electric Blue EVO II
good luck mate!
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
DON'T REFINISH IT! not just because it looks delicious as it is, but refinishing acoustic guitars ruin their tone, not just for those tone crazy people either. I think theres someone who did it on here and he admits it. The only way i would refinish it is if someone has carved inapropriate male body parts into it or somthing. Which i actually had a guitar like that. turned it into a cool relic.
Levi: That was prolly me that you are talking about there.

I had an old Kramer that I refinished and I SERIOUSLY regretted doing it. Before I refinished it, it had that perfect '80s hard rock sound. Then after it just sounded like any other guitar.

Good luck TS. That's one sexy guitar.
Yeah, even an electric. Alot of people think it's just tone freak mojo. I used to, but not anymore...

If it's that dramatic of a change on an electric, it'll DAMN sure kill an acoustic.