So I sort of casually mentioned them in the Joe Strummer thread, but I now feel that Raped / Cuddly Toys deserve their own thread! Wooh!

Raped were formed in 1977 by Sean Purcell (Vocals / gay Billy Idol look alike), Paddy Fields (drums, Japanese drag queen), Tony Baggett ( bass /token straight guy), and Faebhean Kwest (guitar / ridiculous fucking name I had to look up the spelling for). At first the punk scene totally rejected them due to their "offensive" name and incredibly gay tendencies. For their first magazine interview, they took the journalist to a gay sadomasochist pick up joint. They made their name through scams and attempted publicity stunts, but had some really quality music to go along with it.

Raped: "Moving Target"

Shortly there after, they decided to follow their love of Bowie and T-Rex and changed their music to glam rock and their name to the Cuddly Toys (I've chatted with Tony a few times, really nice guy. He said they wanted to pick a name that was the complete opposite of Raped). Cuddly Toys had some success in Japan but eventually broke up due to their record company stealing from them and the death of their manager-to-be Marc Bolan.

Cuddly Toys: "Madman"

DOWN&OUT
Yer face is bizarre!!! SIK BRN!!

Srsly though, I love these guys and feel you all should learn to appreciate them.
DOWN&OUT
I like the raped song better...it is rockin my socks off...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Paddy Fields!

I felt this thread would appeal to you, Mat

EDIT: Yeah, I figured most of you guys would liked Raped better than Cuddly Toys...but I figured since I like Cuddly Toys so much I'd post both.
DOWN&OUT
I thought that Raped are pretty cool. Can't seem to find any discography as such though, which sucks.

Nice find!
Well I totally WON'T go to that forum that DOESN'T exist and WON'T put their album on there, if anyone wants it.
DOWN&OUT
I didn't really like Raped; Cuddly Toys aren't bad, but I can't see myself listening to them that much.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Jett Diamond
Well I totally WON'T go to that forum that DOESN'T exist and WON'T put their album on there, if anyone wants it.

That's a GOOD idea because I totally DO use that forum.
Quote by Jett Diamond

what forum is this?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by Jett Diamond

That'd be absolutely BALLS
i love raped. moving target or "raped" is their best song. i got the complete raped collection and an EXTREMELY rare "pretty paedophiles record. RIP sean purcell.
*bumped cos i found a guy who added alot of good raped (including a live recording of moving target) stuff which made me blow a load in my pants
http://www.youtube.com/user/DroogMonkey
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
holy crap those were awesome. thank you ive been lookin for raped videos on youtube for ****in forever
haha no problem, i had the same issue.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Man, I thought it was stuff I didn't have or like live video or something. Still fantastic songs. Elevator Hater is great.

I love this band. Seriously.
DOWN&OUT
Raped sounds awesome! Cuddly Toys I think I'd have to listen to a little more.
Raped is OK, but Cuddly Toys sounds like a karaoke version of Bowie. I lol'd at how awful it was.
Quote by werty22
Raped is OK, but Cuddly Toys sounds like a karaoke version of Bowie. I lol'd at how awful it was.

raped is AWESOME. and there is a song that the cuddly toys stole from Bowie. its kinda funny
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Jett Diamond
Man, I thought it was stuff I didn't have or like live video or something. Still fantastic songs. Elevator Hater is great.

I love this band. Seriously.

they only have a little bit of stuff stuff to begin with, so theres no suprises there. i still loved the moving target live song.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL