Hi, I was wondering if cables has any effect on how the guitar will sound and I mean like can some cables make the sound brighter or darker etc. Btw what are some good cables to use? Thanks such a noob XD
if i recall correctly, brass has a more natural sound without distorting, gold and nickel tipped do distort but i don't remember which way

if you're really a purest, i would look into george l's, they're fantastic for pedal to pedal and you can make them any size you want without soldering (or you can also buy them soldered as well)

for guitar to pedal and pedal to amp, i use lava cables. they're definitely not the cheapest, but i will put them up against a monster cable, which i believe is overated, anyday
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Quote by IPlaySchecter
Cables do have an effect. Some good cables are Planet Waves, and Monster Cables.

+1

Both of those brands can really show you what you are missing.

One time I was having a lot of trouble with my guitar. There was horrible feedback
and it just sounded pretty bad. I checked everything out and when I looked at my
cable...it said *Radio Shack*. Yup.....that was my problem right there.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Quote by Sam_Prillaman
if i recall correctly, brass has a more natural sound without distorting, gold and nickel tipped do distort but i don't remember which way

if you're really a purest, i would look into george l's, they're fantastic for pedal to pedal and you can make them any size you want without soldering (or you can also buy them soldered as well)

for guitar to pedal and pedal to amp, i use lava cables. they're definitely not the cheapest, but i will put them up against a monster cable, which i believe is overated, anyday

Yea, George L's are nice. And they're really easy to just cut down and save if they ever break.
General practice is to get a cable with as little capacitance as possible, so your signal gets to the amp as unchanged as possible; and use the rest of your gear to fiddle with your sound, rather than use the cable make it brighter or darker.
i use live wire cables, kinda cheap but no stactic, thats all you really want is the non static cables, dosen't really matter what brand, brand just tell you how long the thing will last to abuse.