Are they easier to do on an electric because im at my grans practising on an acoustic and they sound a little quite, and also do you have any tips on how to get them louder if the answer to the above is no?

Thanks, Aidan.
lol@ "advanced techniques"
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
I'd say that they are easier on an acoustic tbh.

I'm not sure how you personally perform tap harmonics but I actually pick and tap and the same time. My index positions itself an octave higher then the fretted note, then I pick the harmonic with my thumb which is behind my index. (I don't use a pick, I'm a fingerstyle guitarist)

Here's a video of Don Ross using the same technique, just with different fingers.

Go to 1:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwpMb5fUeYA
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Last edited by highwaysalmon at Dec 24, 2008,
try and do what highwaysalmon was talking about i have a friend who does the picked harmonics thing and it sounds soo much clearer than tapped ones, it is kind of tough though =/
I find 'em easier on an electric.
Just tap harder if you want 'em to be louder.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
My guitar isn't set up for tapped harmonics, but I've done them on a friend's electric, and they're easy. Acoustic they're harder than hell.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I don't understand all these replies...tapped harmonics are MUCH easier for me on acoustic. Higher action brings out the harmonics more.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Its cool guys, there alot easier on my electricwith some mild od. Thanks again guys for the brill replies, Aidan.
your suppose to hit it really hard
kinda like a wife who doesnt listen.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.