A thought crossed my mind as I read the most recent thread about Santa Claus...

Why do parents want their children to believe that Santa exists? Legend has it that there was such a character in the past, who would bring food to the poor, and would enter through the chimney because their houses were completely covered in snow.

But why do parents still try to convince their children that the presents they get for Christmas are courtest of a fat bearded man who knows more about you than the CIA and travels faster than the speed of sound?

Why can't parents just give their children presents? Isn't that a sign of love? And isn't love what christmas, or any other winter holiday is all about?

I have nothing against bearded men (Billy Gibbons FTW) but why spread such a belief? The kids will find out, anyway.

Thoughts?

And rape, although always an option, is not the answer I'm expecting.
To make kids be aware all the time, knowing the the possibility of a fat hooded man offering you presents and to take a ride in his sleigh while he rides your sleigh..

Where am i going with this?

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by Snuffles
To make kids be aware all the time, knowing the the possibility of a fat hooded man offering you presents and to take a ride in his sleigh while he rides your sleigh..

Where am i going with this?

It teaches you to ACCEPT presents from a fat man in a sleigh...

Actually, it makes you wait all year for a mysterious fat man in a sleigh to offer you presents...
Why do people still believe in God are you asking? I mean... it's kind of the same
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
You got the story wrong do research
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by sashki
A thought crossed my mind as I read the most recent thread about Santa Claus...

Why do parents want their children to believe that Santa exists? Legend has it that there was such a character in the past, who would bring food to the poor, and would enter through the chimney because their houses were completely covered in snow.

But why do parents still try to convince their children that the presents they get for Christmas are courtest of a fat bearded man who knows more about you than the CIA and travels faster than the speed of sound?

Why can't parents just give their children presents? Isn't that a sign of love? And isn't love what christmas, or any other winter holiday is all about?

I have nothing against bearded men (Billy Gibbons FTW) but why spread such a belief? The kids will find out, anyway.

Thoughts?

And rape, although always an option, is not the answer I'm expecting.

lol, i dont know
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
I don't even remember my parents telling me about Santa. It was just 'with' the holiday. I never really believed in Santa, he was just like was the Easter Bunny was to Easter to me. We don't believe in the Easter Bunny do we?
I discovered when a child that both of em didnt exist
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
cos it makes the xmas experience more fun, im 19 but my wee bro is only 10 so we still get to act like when we were kids, its way betterer
I like to leave the teabag in

Shave The Hairy Pineapple

Irish. No, the real kind of Irish

I LOVE BEING ALIVE!!
Hasn't this thread already been done this Christmas?
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Consumerism?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Its to give children something to look forward to. Make them happy. Some kids don't get it any other time of the year.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Every time you close your eyes (Lies Lies)
Every time you close your eyes (Lies Lies)
/got nothin
Life is lame so let me eat your brain
Quote by metal4ever6328
your such a rebel

I'm just giving a suggestion.

Why are you being a prick towards me?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Tradition.

This.

It's just part of the Christmas spirit, duhface!
Quote by jackofclubs
Freebird!!!
Quote by sebbsmith
This.

It's just part of the Christmas spirit, duhface!

Santa as a sort of "mascot" for christmas, like the Easter bunny, I can understand.

But why convince your kids that he comes to your house on the night of the 24th of December?
It adds to the magic off christmas ^_^ Seriously now I really couldn't be bothered with christmas but when I believed in him it was so much fun and just made everything awesome. So neeeeeeeeer :p
Quote by StoneColdQueen
It adds to the magic off christmas ^_^ Seriously now I really couldn't be bothered with christmas but when I believed in him it was so much fun and just made everything awesome. So neeeeeeeeer :p

This.

Give the kids something magical and fun to beleive in before the crushing weight of the world sets in.

Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

hmmm maybe an easier way to keep your lil brat in line. ya know with the whole if your bad santa is going to give you coal...and what lil kid wants coal!
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
hmmm maybe an easier way to keep your lil brat in line. ya know with the whole if your bad santa is going to give you coal...and what lil kid wants coal!

Excellent deduction watson.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by metal4ever6328
This.
Are you people retarted, Christmas without Santa?

Idk, I'm pretty sure Christmas was celebrated without Santa for more than a thousand years...
I don't need a sig....
SANTA ISN'T REAL!?
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I think it's to instill a sense of magic and wonder in the children,then set them up for soul crushing disappointment when they find out that the fat man isn't real.It's just like the Tooth Fairy,the Easter Bunny,Abe Lincoln,and Frosty the Snowman,all of them are mythical beings created to make kids have more fun.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I think it's to instill a sense of magic and wonder in the children,then set them up for soul crushing disappointment when they find out that the fat man isn't real.It's just like the Tooth Fairy,the Easter Bunny,Abe Lincoln,and Frosty the Snowman,all of them are mythical beings created to make kids have more fun.

lulz.
I don't need a sig....