I need to know which amp would get my the most volume, I know the wattage doesn't make much difference, But I'm think the V18 with two speakers would be louder. Am I right??

Whats the best multi effects pedal for a low price? I've been checking out the pod live line, my friend has one and it looks and sounds amazing. But I really don't want to spend 400 on a pedal.
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
Last edited by Ziggy936 at Dec 24, 2008,
No, youre not. The 2x12 would just have more punch and bottom end, but the speakers have nothing to do with the volume. And the V50 would be louder, because it has more wattage. it would not twice as loud, but louder.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Would the v18 be loud enough to practice with a full band and gig??
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Some will say yes, some will say no. IMO a 18watt Tube amp is not enough to practise and gig. Even if you mic it, you need to turn it up. If you dont need cleans, then yes, go for it. If you need cleans, you need at least 30watt. But again, just my opinion
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
I own one (V18 212) and yes. It's a GREAT amp for the price. Buy it. You can get a lot of nice tones out of it.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
They really are 2 different beasts though. The V18 is a running el84's so it is going to have more of a british tone, whereas the V50 uses 6l6's and will sound more Fender like. Just my opinion, but the V50 sounds a little better and gives 2 channels. The V18 only has 1, so a little less versatility.
Quote by MoroneSaxatilis
I own one (V18 212) and yes. It's a GREAT amp for the price. Buy it. You can get a lot of nice tones out of it.

+1
It's pleanty. That amp in particular is loud as **** for a 1x12" combo. Just can't much in the way of cleans at gig/practice volume.
you saw the scrath n dent ones on musicians friend didn't you?
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Quote by aradroxar
you saw the scrath n dent ones on musicians friend didn't you?

no, i don't like used products too much, they make me sad. I've been checking them out for awhile and wanting one. Now that they've been discountinued i'm trying to get one before they disappear and turn up used. I'm trying to find whats best. Also whats the best multi effects pedal for a low price? I've been checking out the pod live line, my friend has one and it looks and sounds amazing. But I really don't want to spend 400 on a pedal.
Quote by InvaderTSN