So i'm looking around for a new all-tube amp for round about £400 and i figured the Bugera 333xl looks like a rly good deal!. Anyone owned/played one, or got any advice?

I play a pretty wide variety of stuff from hard rock to Metalcore mainly metal though, and i'm currently using my cube 60 but it just isn't powerful enough. I play in a band but just occasional small gigs, nothign serious.

Should i buy it in combo or head? i'm thinking combo because the head can be an arse to cart around. any help appreciated.
combo ftw.

like you said. it's easier to carry.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Combo.

Seriously, it's 120 watts.

Anyways, before you even try it, take it to a tech and tell him to bias the tubes.

he'll probably tighten up the screws on his own, but when you get it back, open it up and make sure all screws inside are tight as can be.

after a year, take it back to the tech to have the transformer leads cables soldered and remove all the clips.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Its a great amp for those who want serious hi gain sounds on a budget....I give it my stamp of approval

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
I own the 333xl head. I wouldn't get the combo because you are limited. If you are really that lazy that carrying a head is that bad... then I guess get it. But to me it's easier to roll my head on my 4x12 cab rather than a combo. Only time I have to pick it up is to put it in the car. And it's actually nowhere near as heavy as my 6505. Pick it up properly and you won't hurt your back or anything.

Yes you can change the speakers in the combo... But I mean you have to go through that... You can just get a cab and get what speakers you want in the first place plus you can have it built out of whatever wood you want. This is why I don't never buy combo amps. If you are carrying it places then that means you have a band and they can help you carry it if it's really that big of a deal.

Edit: not to mention you can get a much thicker tone if you use two 4x12 cabs. A lot of people claim you don't need it but I play through a full stack for a reason. It doesn't make it much louder but it changes the tone a whole lot. Through a half stack my tone is nowhere near as thick as it is with a whole stack.
Quote by Rustypig

Should i buy it in combo or head? i'm thinking combo because the head can be an arse to cart around. any help appreciated.

think twice about it, a combo is heavier than the head. And bigger. It's way easier to carry a head and a 2x12 box. At least IMO.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Quote by hcsn2008
I own the 333xl head. I wouldn't get the combo because you are limited. If you are really that lazy that carrying a head is that bad... then I guess get it. But to me it's easier to roll my head on my 4x12 cab rather than a combo. Only time I have to pick it up is to put it in the car. And it's actually nowhere near as heavy as my 6505. Pick it up properly and you won't hurt your back or anything.

Yes you can change the speakers in the combo... But I mean you have to go through that... You can just get a cab and get what speakers you want in the first place plus you can have it built out of whatever wood you want. This is why I don't never buy combo amps. If you are carrying it places then that means you have a band and they can help you carry it if it's really that big of a deal.

Edit: not to mention you can get a much thicker tone if you use two 4x12 cabs. A lot of people claim you don't need it but I play through a full stack for a reason. It doesn't make it much louder but it changes the tone a whole lot. Through a half stack my tone is nowhere near as thick as it is with a whole stack.

Agreed. The tone out of any amp will sound different coming from 1/2/4/8 speakers. I haven't played a Bugera to know the sound difference between them, but the difference on a Peavey Windsor between the half stack and the combo is huge. The combo doesn't come close to the sound quality of the half stack.
Quote by eyebanez333
Agreed. The tone out of any amp will sound different coming from 1/2/4/8 speakers. I haven't played a Bugera to know the sound difference between them, but the difference on a Peavey Windsor between the half stack and the combo is huge. The combo doesn't come close to the sound quality of the half stack.

exactly. I tried to go back to a half stack with my 6505... My whole band including me was just like man... who cares if we got to carry an extra cab the thing sounds so much sweetier with two cabs. So I stick with a whole stack now.
I'm seriously considering getting this amp because I've tried out some Marshalls and I think that they are extremely overrated. I'm also digging the 3 channels that this amp dishes out.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I'm seriously considering getting this amp because I've tried out some Marshalls and I think that they are extremely overrated. I'm also digging the 3 channels that this amp dishes out.

if you have more money buy a Peavey JSX combo
because the Bugera will most likely crap out in your gigs
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
if you have more money buy a Peavey JSX combo
because the Bugera will most likely crap out in your gigs

Why?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I've had a bugera 333xl since the day it came out and it's got stock tubes. Never had a problem.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Marshall overrated? What model did you try?
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by occub
Marshall overrated? What model did you try?

This generation isn't much of a Marshall generation. They are lacking terribly in keeping up with modern stuff. I like the Marshall JVM a lot but I still wouldn't pick it over a 5150.
Same question here. I'm trying to figure out what cab to match with the 333xl.
Hmm yes i give the thumbs up to the 333XL, but maybe if you can get a B52 AT212 maybe, it should be cheaper if not the same price to the 333XL