Im looking for a new distortion pedal. I need it to play everything from AC/DC to Pantera. Im getting a Kustom Double Barrel (A 30 watt Solid State 2x12). I played it at a music store a while back and it was great in my opinion. I just want a little something to boost the distortion a bit. I dont want to spend more than sayyy $100 on this. I heard great things about the Electro Hamronix Metal Muff, what do you say? What version of that pedal is the best bag for the buck? Any info you can give me would be awesome.
yea go for the METAL MUFF i got one and its amazing
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
What version you think i should get? I know they go from $80 to over $100. You think the top boost is worth it?
Quote by ¤TabMaster¤
What version you think i should get? I know they go from $80 to over $100. You think the top boost is worth it?

get the one with the top boost you can get a pantera sound from it
watch videoes in youtube and see what you like
feel free to add me
Line 6 Uber Metal is basically pantera in a box when you set it to pulverize and you can kick it back to the metal setting for AC/DC. And a side note the uber metal did pantera better then the Randall RH100 head I had...
Honestly you might be better off putting the $100 for the pedal towards a slightly better amp. The metal muff will do pantera nicely but definitely not AC/DC.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
+1 for the metal muff, but dont think youll get anything light...

i second the consideration for a better amp, but the pedal will be a short way to get close to what you are looking for...

i must also add, MXR 10 band eq... the metal muff sounds like poo until you toss one of these after it... it gets me my low volume sound very well...
i say go for the uber metal

but whats even better is the floor pod by line six that thing is heaven
or a pandora's box that thing is awesome, Joe Stump and the guitar guy from jeff dunham (Brian Haner) use it
Quote by stradivari310
Honestly you might be better off putting the $100 for the pedal towards a slightly better amp. The metal muff will do pantera nicely but definitely not AC/DC.

As long as TS knows how to roll back the distortion knob and maybe the volume knob on his guitar, the Metal Muff will be one of the most versatile pedals ever.

Get the Metal Muff.
Gear
Guitar
Kramer Striker (JB + Jazz)
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Pedals
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Digitech HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss DS-1
the one with the top boost.(the biggest one not the micro)
it has an active EQ and TOp Boost.
feel free to add me
One vote for the one with top boost. Anyone else?
And if its got an EQ on the Metal Muff, what do i put the EQ settings on my amp at? Should i run the Metal Muff through the clean channel or the overdrive channel?
Honestly I didnt like the Metal Muff when I owned it. I ended up trading it in on the Uber Metal. But hey if you like it go for it..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Dec 24, 2008,
this my settings
on the muff
treble-3o'clock
mids- 11o'clock
bass-full
top boost- 12'oclock
dist-11-2o'clock

if my top boost is on i could get that pantera sound
feel free to add me
Quote by ¤TabMaster¤
What do you keep your amp settings on?

all of them are in the 12'oclock position except the treble which is in the 2'clock
but the EQ in my blackheart is practically useless
feel free to add me