I guess this is the place to ask, so here goes...

I'm trying to figure out how to play "Mental Masturbation" by Jackyl. It was on the "Beavis and Butt-head Experience." If anyone can help me out with this or point give some positive feedback, that would be greatly appreciated. Below is a link to the song, and my rendition of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I2bzGRg3mk

I just started trying to do it yesterday, but what I got that sounds half decent, is tuned down a half step, and the rhythm goes something like this:

Riff 1
eb|------------------|----------------------
bb|------------------|----------------------
gb|------------------|----------------------
db|-2-2-5-5-7-7--|-2-2-5-5-7-7-5-5--
Ab|-2-2-5-5-7-7--|-2-2-5-5-7-7-5-5--
Eb|-0-0-3-3-5-5--|-0-0-3-3-5-5-3-3--

Repeat this a few times, then it goes:

Riff2
eb|------------------|---------------------
bb|------------------|---------------------
gb|-2-2-5-5-7-7--|-2-2-5-5-7-7-5---
db|-2-2-5-5-7-7--|-2-2-5-5-7-7-5---
Ab|-0-0-3-3-5-5--|-0-0-3-3-5-5-3---
Eb|------------------|---------------------

That is played twice, then it goes back to Riff 1 once, then goes to:

Riff 3
eb|------------------|----------------------------
bb|------------------|----------------------------
gb|-5--5--5-5-5---|----------------------------
db|-5--5--5-5-5---|-5----5----5----5/7--2--
Ab|-3--3--3-3-3---|-5----5----5----5/7--2--
Eb| -----------------|-3--0-3-0-3-0-3/5---0--

I have no idea on the solo.
I dont think riffs 1&2 are correct. In Riff one I only hear 2 chords. Also it is definitely not tuned a half step down. Try playin what you got but take out the power chord on the 3rd fret of the first measure for the first and second riff.
Quote by Nike-Man
I dont think riffs 1&2 are correct. In Riff one I only hear 2 chords. Also it is definitely not tuned a half step down. Try playin what you got but take out the power chord on the 3rd fret of the first measure for the first and second riff.

Thanks, I will try that. I wasn't expecting much, if any of it, to be correct. I'm hoping that somehow this song will be tabbed out. I hear what you are saying about the 2 chords, I guess the way the music goes, I was hearing a third. I'm not exactly good at picking notes by ear. I have gotten lucky on a few occassions, though.