Alright so I'm looking to buy a new guitar in a few days. I play a lot of rock and metal and there is a couple guitars that I'm looking at. Lovin the Jackson's and a fan of Rhoads, I am lookin at an RR3 as my budget is limited... (although I'd really like an RR5 and say f**k the floyd rose... but thats ok) Anyways...I've played it, liked it, love the look... just wondering if any of you have it and have had any problems?
Second guitar I'm seriously thinkin about is a PRS Singlecut. I was never really a big fan of the LP'ish style to be honest but this seems like a nice guitar and it felt and sounded awesome when I sat down at the music store with it.
With that said, any other ideas... I've looked and played on a lotttt lately, its just so hard to decide. Too many options

Really tryin to keep the budget in 600-1000 range
Last edited by MetalManiac_86 at Dec 24, 2008,
since your posting in the GG&A section, people are gonna ask you this question : whats your amp? remember that good guitar + bad amp < bad guitar + good amp

btw, out of those two guitars i'd take the PRS
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I might as well just so he doesn't feel embarassed for posting that reply:

WHAT KIND OF AMP DO YOU HAVE?!?!?!?!?!

Honestly, I've never been too big a fan of PRS Guitars. Sure, Mark Tremonti plays them, and that's great n all.

Ideally, I'd go with the Jackson Rhoads. Make sure you get one with decent pickups.

In a perfect world, I'd have a Gibson Explorer With Lundgren M6 Pickups in the Bridge and Neck *faps*
dont get the PRS
Ibanez is good (i have the RG5EX1 with seymour duncan blackouts)
i also recommend a fender american strat great action, tone very comfy too, i was just playing one at guitar center
Ibanez is very good. I actually started on an Ibanez, way back when. Their stock pickups are decent, but at some point you'll want to consider swapping them out for something more effective.
if you are buying an Ibanez buy their Prestige guitars
the Prestige guitars as better wood, pickups, and better tremolo system (EDGE ZERO BRIDGE)
and look into Schecters and ESPs (not LTDs)
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
if you are buying an Ibanez buy their Prestige guitars
the Prestige guitars as better wood, pickups, and better tremolo system (EDGE ZERO BRIDGE)
and look into Schecters and ESPs (not LTDs)

if your going to get an ESP might as well go all out and get a custom shop one built to your specs
Quote by hxckma
if your going to get an ESP might as well go all out and get a custom shop one built to your specs

actually the ESP KH202/KH602 are pretty good guitars and the ESP eclipse II are one of their best guitars (THEY ARE NOT CUSTOM SHOPS)
and ESP custom guitars are god damn expensive
feel free to add me
He said he wants to keep it in the 600-1000 dollar range. Prestiges get up way more than that, as well as a respectable ESP.
try the Epiphone prophecy series nice guitars specially the lespaul EX and the Futura FX (w an original Floyd rose) they are in the $800-$900 range.
and the Jackson DKMGs and the RR3s.
also try the Schecter C1s (floyd or no floyd) and the ESP KH-202
feel free to add me
Hey thanks for the feedback guys... I have a fender 30w gdec and a mg50.(gets ready for the flaming) haha yeah, I know.. but I got the marshall for next to nothing and it isn't all thattt bad with the zakk wylde overdrive. ... Sometime after new years though I'm gonna be picking up a valveking 112 I think. As far as the guitar I'm pretty bent on the jackson. I'll be sure to plug it into the VK or whatever I end up getting later to see what I can get out of it.
Quote by MetalManiac_86
Hey thanks for the feedback guys... I have a fender 30w gdec and a mg50.(gets ready for the flaming) haha yeah, I know.. but I got the marshall for next to nothing and it isn't all thattt bad with the zakk wylde overdrive. ... Sometime after new years though I'm gonna be picking up a valveking 112 I think. As far as the guitar I'm pretty bent on the jackson. I'll be sure to plug it into the VK or whatever I end up getting later to see what I can get out of it.

if you dont want a floyd and the LP shape try the Epiphone Prophecy EX (emg 81/85)
$650 and then save up for a better amp.
if you have $650 and $350 right now buy the Epi sg prophecy and a B52-AT 112 for $350 on musicians friend (be quick the B52 price drop will end after the holidays)
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
actually the ESP KH202/KH602 are pretty good guitars and the ESP eclipse II are one of their best guitars (THEY ARE NOT CUSTOM SHOPS)
and ESP custom guitars are god damn expensive

i was kinda making a joke there but w/e
Quote by MetalManiac_86

dude, you probably dont want to keep hearing this, but with 600-1000 bucks, you could get a reaally good amp. and trust me, a new amp will be 30 times more beneficial
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.