Page 1 of 2
Searchbar came back with nothing so here goes...

What is the best opening song you've seen live and why?

Mine:

Avenged Sevenfold opening with 'Critical Acclaim' at Taste of Chaos last year. They were running late setting up...and they had a curtain up. Then the organ starts playing the intro, then the dual-guitar part in the intro, then the curtain comes down around 1:00 into the song...lots of pyro and we were at the front

Go!
Either Carcass at Damnation or Trivium. Trivium always have great entrance songs.
RULE BRITANNIA
Aces High By Iron Maiden in the Live After Death DVD

EDIT: or I Just Wanna Rock by Joe Satriani in his current tour, the whole crowd was chanting along, it was a great show
Megadeth opening with sleepwalker.

it was intense.
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
Devour-Shinedown Next Big Thing Eight!!!

oh and hmmm

Atreyu- Becoming the Bull NBT8
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
The Absence opening with whatever the hell they feel like opening with
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Slayer opening with Disciple or Machine Head opening with Clenching the Fists of Dissent.

Too close to call.
Best intro song?

I would say when I saw David Gilmour when he last came to Hollywood (April 2006)
The arena went completely dark, and a minute later, they played the heartbeat at the beginning of Dark Side Of The Moon. Then the entire stage lit up in blue and thick fog and he played "Breathe/Time/Breathe". It was soo amazing, especially because it was the first show where he opened that with (He was supposed to start with the On An Island album, but he decided to warm up the crowd first)
Quote by Renka
Slayer opening with Disciple or Machine Head opening with Clenching the Fists of Dissent.

Too close to call.

Oooh forgot about that once, was a great intro when I saw Machine Head last.
RULE BRITANNIA
Dream theater playing constant motion at prog nation was pretty badass
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
just this saturday (20th) me and a friend went to see protest the hero,... they opened with sequoia throne XO it was amaaaaazing.
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Either Carcass at Damnation or Trivium. Trivium always have great entrance songs.

Kirisute Gomen at Unholy Alliance was pretty awesome. So was Metal Storm leading into Flesh Storm by Slayer, and Heir Apparent by Opeth.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Oooh forgot about that once, was a great intro when I saw Machine Head last.

Is there ANY part of a Machine Head that ISN'T great?

Honestly the best live band I've ever seen, they are beyond awesome.
*sits in front of laptop wearing Machine Head shirt and Machine Head belt buckle*

<.<
Biffy Clyro with Living is a problem, had the whole orchestra there completely in time, so epic. And they had a curtain up when preparing and it fell down half way through the song and the whole place just went up and all the light show came on.
Have to go with SOAD in 2005, during the mesmerize tour...they opened with a spotlight on daron and he played byob acoustic halfway through, then the lights came up on the rest of the band and things went nuts.
Obligatory Listing of my Rig:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (60s Neck, AA Flame Maple Top, Desert Burst)-->Crybaby 95Q-->Digitech Whammy-->Digitech RP80-->Phase 90-->Marshall JCM800 2205-->Marshall 4x12 Cab w/ Celestion Sidewinders (100W each) from 1960
either the a7x you mentioned, los lonely boys with the guitar intro to Heart Won't Tell a Lie, or Coheed and Cambria starting with No World For Tomorrow.
this years: NJ projekt revolution. when lp was ready to go on, they started to do the drum beat for No More Sorrow, and then, Street Drum Corp (or whatever it was) dressed in bright blue and neon green and started making beats on the huge metal set that LP used that night and it was still a pitch black stage except for the drummers, then the stage pretty much exploded with light and Linkin Park started to rock the stage. ^_^
Metallica - Creeping Death
RATM - Testify

far too close to call
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Not really a fan but I saw the Darkness at the M.E.N. and they opened with "Knockers" with the singer flying above the crowd on a massive pair of tits.

Other than that I'd have to say Rage at Leeds just because i'd been waiting sooo long to see them.
I Just Wanna Rock - Joe Satriani

The place just goes black... Then you just see him on stage, playing that beastly riffage.
Was so GOOOOOD.
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Quote by Renka

*sits in front of laptop wearing Machine Head shirt and Machine Head belt buckle*

<.<

they're one of the bands you pretty much have to see.
If you don't like Machine Head, you suck. Simply put
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Renka

<.<

I'm actually wearing my Machine Head hoodie at work. One of, if not the best, bands to see live. Imperium is a nice sing-a-long tune

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

F*ck yes
Quote by EatShreddies
Reading and leeds by any chance?

leeds, my two fave bands of all time in two days

was immense
Quote by Atomic48

Quote by Prole

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Good man, good man.

As the quote someone has in their sig says:
"If you don't like Machine Head, you don't like metal music."

EDIT:
Quote by eyebanez333
I'm actually wearing my Machine Head hoodie at work. One of, if not the best, bands to see live. Imperium is a nice sing-a-long tune

Yeah, I have the hoodie too.
Quote by zapatista89
leeds, my two fave bands of all time in two days

was immense

Nice man, I was at Leeds this year too, the whole weekend was full of win!
Necrophagist opening with Stabwound or Pantera opening with Hellbound.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Quote by EatShreddies
Nice man, I was at Leeds this year too, the whole weekend was full of win!

except when losing shoes in the mud
Quote by Atomic48

Quote by Prole

foo fighters- let it die. it was pretty neat dave came out walked around basically taking it all in while the rest of the band played the intro.
Foo Fighters opened with Let it Die when I saw them, that worked really well.

In Flames opened with Cloud Connected back at Gigantour, and that was kick ass (I am the Highway next time I saw them, that wasn't as effective though)
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Master's Apprentices-opeth
Electric Eye-judas priest is a close second
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Well when i saw bmth on their headlining tour they opened with Diamonds Aren't Forever, that was pretty sick.
At The Gates at Bloodstock 08 opening their final show in the UK with Slaughter Of The Soul

The whole crowd erupted into one big pit
Imperium and Clenching the fist of dissent by Machine Head come joint first.

Here to stay by Korn was pretty amazing.

I can't remember what Tool opened with But that whole gig was insanely awesome.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Machine head - Clenching The Fists Off Dissent
DevilDriver - Not All Who Wander Are Lost
B4MV - Scream Aim Fire
Bleeding Through - Declaration

Woooooohooooooo
Guitars:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Schecter Vampira - For sale
BC Rich M7 W/ EMG 81, 85 and sperzels - For sale
Page 1 of 2