Hey everyone, I'm back. It's been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the bringer of the CYOA series (Starting with the Alien invasion, and previous two Zombie Outbreaks) is back, and full of freetime to help feed the lumbering horde.

Outbreak 2 was somewhat of a dissapointment. Inactivity and the length between actual votes made it difficult, but I predict success for this one. Most of you know how this game is played. I've seen many spin-offs of my ideas (including the incredibly gay "teen edition" CYOA). I'm glad to have brought this all to you.

How to Play:
Alas, some of you are new, and do not know the ways of choosing your own adventure. So I will explain:

A designated Author will write a passage in the story, further advancing the plotline, and will come to a point in the story where a decision must be made. The Author will come up with 4 different choices, and you, the users will vote on which one the character should pick. Based upon these votes, the characters will act accordingly, and garner the benefits, or negative consequences of their actions. Choose wisley, UG.

Once the choices are up, you may only vote once per decision. You can only vote for one choice. And there is a format you must follow. When you vote, you must add your vote to the counter that will be passed from post to post. Here's an example.

Post 1:
I vote for choice B

A-0
B-1
C-0
D-0

Post 2:
I vote for choice D

A-0
B-1
C-0
D-1

And it continues. A choice will win once it reaches 5 votes.

The Zombies
The Zombies will be as those described in Max Brook's Zombie Survival Guide. For those who have not read it, I hope you can cope with the thought of dying unhappy whilst being devoured by the undead.

This being said, there will be no new-age Kenyanesque running and jumping Zombies. They can basically limp around, slowly, but they have enhanced senses of smell and hearing. They feel no pain, and will slowly deteriorate over time (usually the course of a month, according to The Zombie Survival Guide).

The only way to truly kill a Zombie is to destroy it's brain. Plain and simple.

The Story:
Well, that's very much up to you, isn't it? I guess SOME background is in order. Because I am male, it's easier for me to write the main character as male. It's easier to identify, and create a better peice of work.

He will live in and apartment in San Antonio, TX, United States. He will play a PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow (This is non-negotiable). He drives a used 1998 BMW 335i. It's a bit beat up, but still cool.

The only thing to figure out now, is what his job is. Guess what ladies, gentlemen (and other assorted creatures) of the pit... this is where you come in.

We'll say his name is... hmmm... Brian sounds nice.

Brian is a(n):
A - Paramedic: Has advanced skills in Emergency Medical Treatments.
B - Professional Roadie: Has toured with Motorhead, John Mayer, Queens of the Stone Age, and Prince.
C - Gun Shop Clerk: Works at "Wally's Wonderland of Ballistics."
D - Stuntman: Is about the coolest Mother F*cker east, west, north, and south of the Rio Grande.

P.S. If you are interested in becoming an author for this series, go ahead and shoot me a PM/e-mail, and we'll discuss it from there.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
A-0
B-1
C-0
D-2

Let's not forget the rules, everyone. Keep the counter going.
well im guessing that the two votes above me don't count due to the total lack of ignorance towards the correct voting method

I vote for B

A - 0
B - 2
C - 0
D - 0
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
A - 0
B - 2
C - 0
D - 2

They get a freebee for the first round. After this round, if you do not post a counter, your vote is null.
B

A - 0
B - 4
C - 0
D - 2
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
B

A - 0
B - 5
C - 0
D - 2

GB is here to save this thread!
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
Wow, you guys totally gave up the opporotunity to be a gravel-voiced, ripped, badass stuntman to carry peoples amps? UG is now equal to a jar of vaginas.

UG = VagJar. Nevertheless, I will begin writing.
Quote by gonzaw
So, I haven't read that guide, but what are the biological effects and causes of said virus or parasite that zombifies people?

They start listening to the Jonas Brothers and become vegetarians.

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by sneyob
They start listening to the Jonas Brothers and become vegetarians.

nooooo! the monsters!!! kill them all!!!
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Solanum

The guide attributes the zombie outbreaks to the fictional virus "Solanum". The disease was first recorded by Jan Vanderhaven while traveling through South America. He describes those infected with the disease as bearing festering sores, mottled skin, and decomposing flesh. He said victims show no rational thought or recognition of anything previously familiar to the victim. They neither sleep nor drink water, and reject all food apart from living prey. The infected will attempt to eat all living prey that it observes. Vanderhaven describes seeing a hospital orderly throw a live rat at an infected individual, who then consumed the rat whole.

Solanum is described as working by traveling through the bloodstream from the point of entry to the brain, where the virus replicates in the cells of the frontal lobe, thus turning the frontal lobe into an entirely new organ that does not need food, water, or even air to survive. It can be described as a completely self-sufficient organism.

Their one and only goal after being infected will be to find and devour other individuals. The only way to stop this is to destroy the brain or remove the head. Note that if the zombie is decapitated, the head still remains a threat.

The symptoms occur in the following order. The timeline may be several hours off, depending on the number and location of the bites, and the size and resistance of the victim.

Hour 1- Pain and discoloration of the infected area. Immediate clotting of the wound.

Hour 5- Fever between 99 F. and 103 F. Chills, slight dementia, vomiting, and acute pain in the joints.

Hour 8- Numbing of extremities and infected area, increased fever from 103 F to 106 F. increased dementia, loss of muscular coordination

Hour 11- Paralysis in the lower body, overall numbness, slowed heart rate

Hour 16- Coma

Hour 20- Cardiac arrest, cessation of brain activity

Hour 23- Reanimation

Solanum is extremely contagious and 100% fatal. Physical contact with infected blood or saliva always result in infection. Ingestion of infected flesh results in permanent death unless the victim has open mouth sores. Solanum is fatal to all living organisms, though humans are the only organisms that will reanimate. Parasitic insects, such as mosquitoes, reject infected hosts 100% of the time. All animals will instinctively run, swim or fly away from zombies.

TL;DR previous post
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
You've always hated that ****ing "Josie and the Pussycats" poster, but after getting pretty smashed after a Flaming Lips concert, plastering the 60's cartoon on your ceiling above your bed wasn't such a bad idea (at the time, of course). Maybe one day, when you didn't feel completely lazy, you'd probably tear it down.

Nevertheless, just like any other day, your first waking image is the leapord print unitard draped around the blonde pussycat. The faint scream of your alarm grows louder, until it finally scratches at your last nerve, and you reach over, feeling for the snooze button, finally finding it, and slamming it down.

Lying for a moment, you expell a small sigh, and an under-the-breath "****." A better start to the day than most. Sitting up, you swing your bare feet to the floor. Your aparment definitely isn't the suite of suites, in fact, an array of throw rugs blanket your apartment to cover the unfinished floor. It's home, though.

You rub your eyes, and look towards your bedstand. Upon it you see a pile of Lava Cables that somehow made their way to your place after that last QOTSA tour. Sticky fingers is a curse.

You navigate your way to the bathroom, and start your morning routine. Shower, shave, brush, etc. You look at the Kiss poster next to your mirror (which is just one of many littering your pad), and say, "So Ace, what's today gonna look like?"

Mr. Frehely just stares blankly at you, tongue extended. I mean, really, it's a f*cking Kiss poster.

Eating your morning bowl of Frosted Flakes, you realize that today happens to be one of your days off from working at Guitar Center between tours. You're trying to decide what to do with your day. When you finish, you decide to:

A - Play guitar into the evening, then get smashed.: Beer makes a good roadie gooder... wait, does that sound right?
B - Play guitar into the evening, then stay home and post on Ultimate-Guitar.: Might as well wish you had a girlfriend and friends, too.
C - Play guitar into the evening, then goto the Iron Maiden Concert: Dude, it's Iron F*ckin' Maiden!
D - Go Punch your Landlord.: He's a blubbering twat.
B
I like a hero I can relate to

A-0
B-1
C-0
D-0

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
C

A-0
B-1
C-1
D-0

Thats a good way to get a group together
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
D

i was gonna start a thread just like this but im waaaay lazy
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
A-0
B-1
C-1
D-0

heavyairship, you gotta post a counter if you want your vote to count.
in my experience with cyoa threads when people post counters someone screws it up which causes all kinds of confusion

but if you insist

D

A-0
B-1
C-1
D-1
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
I'm voting again just to get this moving!

B

A-0
B-2
C-1
D-1

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
C

A-0
B-2
C-4
D-1
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve Combo Amp
Crybaby GCB-95 Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Digitech RP-50
Common, one more...I wanna see where this goes...
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
C

A-0
B-2
C-5
D-1

NEVER pass up the opportunity to see Maiden!
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Go Maiden!
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Go Maiden!

*Waits for next story post*
Quote by Meths

fret-less is wrong on most of his other points though. And he's an idiot.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Whos penis is small? fret-less's

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
(He was mean to me once, and I'm a petty man)
whoah has he ran out of ideas already?
Quote by gamebreaker
Solanum

The guide attributes the zombie outbreaks to the fictional virus "Solanum". The disease was first recorded by Jan Vanderhaven while traveling through South America. He describes those infected with the disease as bearing festering sores, mottled skin, and decomposing flesh. He said victims show no rational thought or recognition of anything previously familiar to the victim. They neither sleep nor drink water, and reject all food apart from living prey. The infected will attempt to eat all living prey that it observes. Vanderhaven describes seeing a hospital orderly throw a live rat at an infected individual, who then consumed the rat whole.

Solanum is described as working by traveling through the bloodstream from the point of entry to the brain, where the virus replicates in the cells of the frontal lobe, thus turning the frontal lobe into an entirely new organ that does not need food, water, or even air to survive. It can be described as a completely self-sufficient organism.

Their one and only goal after being infected will be to find and devour other individuals. The only way to stop this is to destroy the brain or remove the head. Note that if the zombie is decapitated, the head still remains a threat.

The symptoms occur in the following order. The timeline may be several hours off, depending on the number and location of the bites, and the size and resistance of the victim.

Hour 1- Pain and discoloration of the infected area. Immediate clotting of the wound.

Hour 5- Fever between 99 F. and 103 F. Chills, slight dementia, vomiting, and acute pain in the joints.

Hour 8- Numbing of extremities and infected area, increased fever from 103 F to 106 F. increased dementia, loss of muscular coordination

Hour 11- Paralysis in the lower body, overall numbness, slowed heart rate

Hour 16- Coma

Hour 20- Cardiac arrest, cessation of brain activity

Hour 23- Reanimation

Solanum is extremely contagious and 100% fatal. Physical contact with infected blood or saliva always result in infection. Ingestion of infected flesh results in permanent death unless the victim has open mouth sores. Solanum is fatal to all living organisms, though humans are the only organisms that will reanimate. Parasitic insects, such as mosquitoes, reject infected hosts 100% of the time. All animals will instinctively run, swim or fly away from zombies.

TL;DR previous post

If it doesn't require food, why do they need to eat?
And if they don't need air, how are they going to get oxigen to cells in muscle tissue to be able to jump on people and destroy doors, etc?
Unless the virus also dwells in all body cells (that would explain the lack of oxigen)...
Although the symptoms do make sense, at least if the virus propagates like the ones in resident evil for instance (killing and substituing cells).

So if zombies eat zombie food they die too?
Maybe they don't eat each other because of some social behaviour or something (if not they should eat each other)...

All of this is important when deciding what to do in certain situations.

EDIT:Hmmm, I choose D