Are there any songs which utilise Augmented 4ths? I really like the sound qualities, but have no idea of any songs or pieces of music which I could learn which use it. Ta.
Refuse/resist.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Anything with the Lydian mode?

Also, the devils interval is flattened 5th. Technically, they're different

^ Exactly.

The Lydian mode has the scale degrees 1 2 3 #4 5 6 7 - therefore, yes, anything in Lydian will have augmented 4ths.

However, as also written above, Aug4s are not actually the same as a diminished 5th (which would be the devil's interval). Yes, it could be the same note, but that does not mean it is the same.

Just in the same way we think of C# and Db as identical, however, technically they are slightly different. But our tuning system can't deal with this, nor our instruments, so there is a compromise made....
Adam
Anything in a blues major or minor key
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
I've had a lot of suggestions like "Anything in Lydian" "Anything in blue major/minor" "anything in such and such"

However, with me being in the state of not actually knowing what songs are in what keys or possessing any kind of knowledge of which songs utilise these keys, that advice doesn't help me too much at the moment.

Any specific songs? Cheers.
Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath utilizes a tritone to a rather wonderful extent. Nice and creepy opening riff.

Enter Sandman by Metallica also uses a tritone for the opening riff. Hope that helps out a little.
Quote by ruiner999
Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath utilizes a tritone to a rather wonderful extent. Nice and creepy opening riff.

Enter Sandman by Metallica also uses a tritone for the opening riff. Hope that helps out a little.

Oh that's true, sand man does.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The Amen Corner - Opeth
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?