So, I'm not thinking of picking up another cab any time soon, but I got to thinking and got kind of curious.

Right now I'm playing a 400w GK head through a 200w Hartke 4x10 cab. The head has another output jack so I could hook up another cab to it.

So, if I was to buy a 2nd cab, would it make more sense to buy something similar to what I have already to keep the sound consistent, or would it be helpful to buy, say, a 1x15 cab for those really deep lows or something with a tweeter to give me some nice highs, or do both options make sense depending on what kind of sound I'm going for?
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
wait, your head has more watts than your cab? that's a terrible idea. Get a new cab pronto.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I lied, it's 280, and my cab is 300. I think, this is older stuff, I got this in a trade from my friend's dad, there's not a lot of good info on it. This rig has worked for at least 10 years though, so I don't think the head/cab matching is going to be much of a problem.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Last edited by Mephysteaux at Dec 24, 2008,
I play through 2 4x10s and i like the tone. more 10's will help the the low end but a 15 will help a bit more. depends what you're looking for. if you take your rig to a store you could try both and see what you like. it's a pain movin all that stuff like that but you don't want to spend that much money and regret it later.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu