I just bought myself a new multitool (Multi-plier Flik) and blade (Kiowa):

And the Flik:

Anyone else a fan of Gerber tools? Have any bad/good reviews to pass along? I'm looking in particular for comments about the longevity of the knives and the hardiness of the multi-tools
My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at Dec 24, 2008,
i had a gerber quick draw knife and loved it... unfortunately i lost it.... anyways nice

edit:

here is apicture of what mine looked like

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
I have a serrated Gerber folding pocket knife. Very good for the stabby stabby.
Gerber is top of the line As far as I know
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by dannyniceboy
i had a gerber quick draw knife and loved it... unfortunately i lost it.... anyways nice

edit:

here is apicture of what mine looked like

I used to have one of those too when I was still into hiking. Unfortunately I dropped mine in a lake because I fumbled it when I was cutting a fishing line.

I had owned it for years though and Gerber knives are some of the best around for the price. I think I only had to sharpen it once and that was because I was messing around and dulled the blade on a granite boulder.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
ok that knife is crazy
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you

I hate it.

-edit- ^^ beaten to it..
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
I have a very similar Gerber multi-tool in black with a carry case type thing, and it's amazing. I use it pretty much everyday for various things over the past 3-4 years, still no damage at all.
Quote by dandadog
I have a very similar Gerber multi-tool in black with a carry case type thing, and it's amazing. I use it pretty much everyday for various things over the past 3-4 years, still no damage at all.

Yeah I had bought a black 600 series on base, but it felt really loose and crappy, so I upgraded a little bit. What model is yours, do you know? I wish I had found the Flik in black
My God, it's full of stars!
If you're looking for multi-tools, Leathermans are pretty good too.
I actually have a couple of these:
and one of these:
The blades on the Leatherman are way sharper, but the pliers are smaller. Both feel solid, and I haven't broken any yet, but I think the Gerbers are tougher overall.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
I have the Gerber Diesel multi-tool. It is so handy its not even funny. And extremely solid.
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"