I just got a new input jack put into my Schecter solid body electric. The problem is that my cables aren't fitting into it. I can get it to where it can work, but it just falls off. I'm not hearing the click that i should hear when i plug a cable into it.

Do i need to get a new input jack, again?
Who installed the jack? if it was from a shop you shopuld be able to geta refund and a new one fitted. If you did it all yourself i think you will have to get a new one.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Sounds to me like that didn't actually change the jack if they keep falling out. Out of interest, have you tried doing it yourself? It is a really easy job.
I got it repaired by a guy at my work who says he has 20+ years of gear repair experience he worked at a place when he was younger, i know he's credible because he does work on guitars at my work and i've heard good things.
I had the same problem. Schecter's stock input jacks are just ridiculously unreliable. What specific model? I eventually dished out like 10 dollars or so for a nice firm one that are basically built like tanks.

http://www.allparts.com/store/electronics-jacks-ep-4695-000,Product.asp

Mine was EP0055-000.

One thing that you should check it the cable (obviously). And what do you mean "but it just falls off?" like the cable just falls out? Or the signal to the cable is being cut? If the cable is falling out take out the input jack while leaving the jack still in there. Bending the "prongs" that grip the input jack. Bend the prong or prongs depending on what input jack you have until the cable takes a bit or a push to fit into the input jack.
Quote by JoeSatriani#9
I got it repaired by a guy at my work who says he has 20+ years of gear repair experience he worked at a place when he was younger, i know he's credible because he does work on guitars at my work and i've heard good things.

He might be credible but if he doenst check his work when he is done he is useless. Anytime I mod, repair or even slight tweak something for someone I test it repeatly to make sure it works correctly. It would have taken the guy two seconds to throw a cable in there to make sure everything was snug.