Page 1 of 2
Okay pit...
I am going to London and i wonder if someone knows a store with instruments and etc. that is in london and that is pretty big too. mostly i just walk around and watch the instruments and listen to people talkin but it is a + if it is okay to test the instruments too

EDIT: I cant go to denmark street. it is to far away from where we are gonna be.
The store has to be between gatwick airport and croydon or crawley.
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
i think it says MG here on a little note too
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Last edited by Lirarn at Dec 28, 2008,
london's a big city man...theres a ton of guitar stores, you dont have to worry
Call me Jack
but i dont wanna find a store the last day and i only know one kind of instrument shop but thereyre only in sweden
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Denmark street has about a dozen different instrument shops on it, it's world famous for all the music shops. You'll find it just off Tottenham Court Road. There's also Sound Control on Oxford Street and the Wembley Guitar Center in West London
ohai little sig.
Denmark Street is alright for looking at instruments, but do not give them any of your money. The shops are all co-owned, so while the prices may seem close between them all, they are still way above what anywhere else is charging and they don't negotiate. There's a Zaavi (used to be Virgin Megastore) just around the corner which actually has a massive music shop in the basement, that's cool to look around as well, but make sure you know what you're buying.

If you fancy getting the train to Wembley there is Wembley Guitar Centre which I prefer to all the others as they have soundproof practise rooms and lots of valve amps to scream though.
Ok thanks. so there is stores at denmark street and some more somewhere near?

Edit: ok.
Quote by Lars
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Quote by Cerberus7string
as everyone says ur best shot is Denmark street guitar shops everywhere

Yeah, go there and look and try out whatever you want. Also have a look in Zaavi which is very very close to Denmark Street (just around the corner) but I warn you about buying things, especially as you are a tourist. They try to rip off the locals, I imagine they'd just try it more with tourists as they'll never see them again. If you want to buy anything, be deadly sure about what it is and the value of it.
I have two uncles living in london and they have a million of relatives cuz theyre part-greek and i know the value cuz i got Vacation-money from my dad that i only can use there... kindof... but theres mostly pedals and and maybe a cymbal for my drums... i know a guy at the local shop so i can call him and look up the prices there. and they have very good prices.
theyre site is here if you wonder.
Quote by Lars
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Ok. one more question. do anyone know how much a multi-effect-thing like this or this would cost at any of those stores. i only have around 120£ or something like that and i want a little to use to other stuff so i preffer it would cost up to 100£. i would also preffer line6.
Quote by Lars
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Last edited by Lirarn at Dec 24, 2008,
DENMARK STREET.

Tottenham Court Road station, Northern Line (Charing Cross Branch) or Central Line. Also, Sound Control and Soho Soundhouse no longer exist.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Yeah, go there and look and try out whatever you want. Also have a look in Zaavi which is very very close to Denmark Street (just around the corner) but I warn you about buying things, especially as you are a tourist. They try to rip off the locals, I imagine they'd just try it more with tourists as they'll never see them again. If you want to buy anything, be deadly sure about what it is and the value of it.

don't listen to him that shop in zavvi is long gone, and some shops on denmark street will match internet prices.

hello aidy
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
Umm... look at my post 20 centimeters up someone...
Quote by Lars
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
i went on there website, it didn't show any of those but they don't list everything they have in the stores on the site, but it is still worth going there to stare at white falcons/penguins
denmark street online
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
OOOH! I love penguins!
I can go to any other store in london also as long it aint too far away from any underground station. i now also have a question that dont really have with the rest to do. what is the cheapest cymbals with holding-thing (i dont know what it is in english) i can find. it would be good if there are any cheap at denmark street but anywhere else in london is also okay. or at internet...
Quote by Lars
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Quote by king~olievo
don't listen to him that shop in zavvi is long gone, and some shops on denmark street will match internet prices.

hello aidy

I didn't know it was gone? That's bad news, I liked how much stuff they had in there.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
I didn't know it was gone? That's bad news, I liked how much stuff they had in there.

yeh but the guys who worked there were dicks
Quote by Hypnotisation

Quote by Jericho114
the one who works at the shop near me is the worlds nicest guy. but he looks like freddy krueger. he had a new PA system in the store and it costed 300£ but i could get it for 240 if i wanted to buy it
Quote by Lars
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Quote by king~olievo

hello aidy

Ahoi thar! =D May I suggest we take this guy and show him t'ropes? They wouldn't rip me off on Denmark Street- they know I'm savvy.
Quote by king~olievo
yeh but the guys who worked there were dicks

Yeah, definately. One of them wouldn't let me try out a guitar because I didn't have the cash that day. I would have bought it from them within that week had I tried it out but since he was unwilling to help out I figured someone else deserves the sale.
theres also a drum shop on denmark street so you can look there, but im sure youll be able to find something real cheap in the internet. Stagg make really cheap drum hardware
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Demonikk
Denmark street has about a dozen different instrument shops on it, it's world famous for all the music shops. You'll find it just off Tottenham Court Road. There's also Sound Control on Oxford Street and the Wembley Guitar Center in West London

sound control is gone man, turnkey as well.
Quote by Demonikk

Sound Control don't exist anymore, they went into administration a few months ago. i was really disappointed when I went a few weeks back
now i found out I couldnt go to denmark street. but does anyone know if there are any stores in Croydon or Crawley. or between there and Gatwick Airport. we are gonne live at my uncle and his wife and they live near Gatwick so...
Quote by Lars
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
There's a whole bunch near the astoria (not sure what the streets called) one of them is definitely worth a look. Got an awesome electric harp guitar and downstairs they have a 52' fender precision bass. Awesome stuff.
i have but but there is a million hits on each store so...

Edit:
Quote by rizo299
There's a whole bunch near the astoria (not sure what the streets called) one of them is definitely worth a look. Got an awesome electric harp guitar and downstairs they have a 52' fender precision bass. Awesome stuff.

what is "the astoria"?
Quote by Lars
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
DENMARK STREEEET, then hit leicester sq station for a train straight to brighton and GAK <3.
In a shop on denmark st, theres some crazy dude in one of the shops (next to the shop whos owner looks like ricky gervais), he looks like a russian or somethin, black hair n a moustachy beard. DONT go near him. He wont leave you alone to even test a guitar unless you are buying it, and he will do EVERYTHING he can to make you buy it, even if you say you have no money

Quote by Lirarn
i have but but there is a million hits on each store so...

Edit:
what is "the astoria"?

club
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
us londoners need to go to denmark street and jam. they love me there.. bloody well as they should.. I spend enough money there.
I said i cant go to Denmark street. i said that in the 28th post. it is to far away from where we are gonna be and there are gonna be so much traffic and i can be mugged or killed if i walk(thats what my mom is saying).
Quote by Lars
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
london isnt that bad mate, just dont go alone too late at night and you'll be fine.
i wont be able to go alone at all...
Quote by Lars
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Quote by Lirarn
I said i cant go to Denmark street. i said that in the 28th post. it is to far away from where we are gonna be and there are gonna be so much traffic and i can be mugged or killed if i walk(thats what my mom is saying).

whaaat? say leicester square then, and sneak to denmark st. Its only 4mins walk from the station....
I doubt you will find a better range of service in the whole of london.

Or ask your mum for some monies to take a train to brighton
Quote by hell_monkey
Quote by Lirarn

I spent a week in london just me and my three friends. We were out all day every day from when we got up untill usually 1 in the morning and were never mugged, stabbed, threatened or pick pocketed.

Keep your wits about you, don't have valuables on show, don't go down any dodgy alleys, keep away from the rough areas and you'll be fine.

Also, I have to remember denmark street for the next time I'm down there goddamn...
Im serious. i wont be able to go alone anything. she is the sort of human that plans EVERYTHING.
Quote by Lars
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Quote by Lirarn
Im serious. i wont be able to go alone anything. she is the sort of human that plans EVERYTHING.

if you just want to buy... then go internet.
If you wana try, then just tell her to come with you to denmark st, honestly i cant think of anywhere better, cos denmark st is basically a road full of nothing but guitar shops *drool*
Quote by hell_monkey
Page 1 of 2