I plugged in my wah today all ready to go, turned it on just to check it and all I got was this horrific screeching sireny kind of noise, I tried my other guitar and it just went really quiet and as I moved down the sweep it got quieter. Anyone know what could be wrong with it, it's not been knocked about or anything just been in a cupboard, could it be loose wiring or something? Or just a knackered pedal?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Switch the cables around?

I know that running a wah ass-backwards can do that.

Lends itself to some pretty cool sounds
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
switch cables?
so you mean it'd be like
amp---> Wah -----> guitar
instead of
guitar ---> wah -----> amp
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Yeah, exactly

EDIT: Nice avatar. Monty Python FTW
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Lol, thanks.
Nah definitely not that, I've got a pic of the inside of it reckon that would help?

*hopes someone looks at this thread*
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

My wah did that for a minute, post the picture...
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Really bad pics 'cos i dunno what I'm lookin for...

General insides..

Closer up..

Sorry for double pics..
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Did you plug into the wrong side?
If you're not getting enough gain, you should totally just daisy-chain some solid state amps with headphone jacks together. Remember: Need gain? Use a chain!
------
Quote by Normul
You spell things like a jackass
Okay, unscrew the curcuitboard to get a look at the other side and check that nothing is shorting it out, because my wah did the same thing for a month, thought it was toast, opened it up, and I just had to flick a peice of solder off, and it was good as new.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
replaced battery an definite not wrong plugs, had it for a while and no previous problems.
Will try looking around under the board. Come to think of it a little washer did fall out on to me when I opened it up..
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

^^^^ if thats the case, thatd be the first thing id check.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
I think the screws might be sealed down, just tried and couldn't budge it. Will try with a better one tomorrow. Any ideas what it could be if it's not that?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band