Page 1 of 2
Don't you just hate film soundtracks that have 'metal' on them? Or the supposedly 'metal' films?

They're horrendous!
Quote by LordNecro
Don't you just hate film soundtracks that have 'metal' on them? Or the supposedly 'metal' films?

They're horrendous!

One name: Rob Zombie. Urgh.

Plus a lot of new 'horror' films have nu metal soundtracks that do nothing for atmosphere. Too concerned with being 'cool' and 'hip' to worry about the important things, y'know, like atmosphere.
I don't know what happened to good ol' compositions. Look at the Tom and Jerry cartoons, the music in those was a huge part of the action
Old School has Master Of Puppets when they go after the pledges.

Yeah that's about it
isn't there some viking movie in the works whose soundtrack is gonna consist of black metal bands or something?
Go Veg.
All soundtracks should be written by John Williams and/or Hans Zimmer.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by im not mental
isn't there some viking movie in the works whose soundtrack is gonna consist of black metal bands or something?

go on, im listening....
have none of you seen the 1980's movie heavy metal the soundtrack kicks ass
Quote by will123456789

and mate: ure the first 08er to make me laugh kudos

Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Turn it off and on again.

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
I've had a hooker die once. I love getting free stuff.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm

What has Hans Zimmer written for?

I love old 80s b-horror movies with hair metal soundtracks.
Two words.

Advent Children.

But on a general whole I prefer to hear a good atmospheric soundtrack than just a film with some metal clips behind it.

^Quite a lot, but Gladiator is one of his stand-outs.

EDIT: Also the Da Vinci Code, completely forgot about that.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Escape form New York : great soundtrack!
Quote by Dyer's Eve

But on a general whole I prefer to hear a good atmospheric soundtrack than just a film with some metal clips behind it.

Yeah everyone with any taste would agree, it's all about atmosphere.
Quote by dminishedthingy
What has Hans Zimmer written for?

I love old 80s b-horror movies with hair metal soundtracks.

Pirates of The Carribean series
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Shred Head
I don't know what happened to good ol' compositions. Look at the Tom and Jerry cartoons, the music in those was a huge part of the action

The 90's, that's what happened.

DISCLAIMER: Although the Tech 3 (Atheist, Cynic, Pestilence), At The Drive-In, The Deftones, and other excellent bands (not just metal, as I've already mentioned) took rise in the late 80's and early 90's, the majority of the people became excessively obsessed with ironic, hipster douchebag music.
Well it kid of depends on what kind of "metal" you're talking about that would be good for horror movies. The only thing death metal (besides dumbing down music even more) would be good for is a chase scene in horror movies. But really it's just whatever adds to the atmosphere of the specific scene in question.
Sweet. John Williams is of course awesome.
I still think the new Star Wars' should've had Time Stands Still as the soundtrack though...

edit: hey, silversoulcage is back!
Quote by BringMeTheCalm

Oh and also Howard Shore.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by im not mental

Anyone know what he's talking about? Sounds interesting.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by im not mental

My planned lego movie?
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I think he meant Pathfinder, who's soundtrack did not contain black metal.

Black metal wouldn't make a good soundtrack. Period. The production would get in the way of everything.

IMO
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Oh and also Howard Shore.

+ 1, his stuff is epic. Howard Shore, John Williams, and Hans Zimmer all working on one movie would be pretty sweet.

I cant really recall any movie i've seen with metal in the soundtrack. Doom might have, but its been to long since i've watched it. It probobly worked
Quote by Tubyboulin
+ 1, his stuff is epic. Howard Shore, John Williams, and Hans Zimmer all working on one movie would be pretty sweet.

I cant really recall any movie i've seen with metal in the soundtrack. Doom might have, but its been to long since i've watched it. It probobly worked

Freddy and Jason films, Resident Evil, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Toolbox Murders, you know what I mean right?
Quote by Shred Head
I think he meant Pathfinder, who's soundtrack did not contain black metal.

Black metal wouldn't make a good soundtrack. Period. The production would get in the way of everything.

IMO

The atmosphere would be perfect for any sort of travelling through epic nature type scenes.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Quote by STABxYOU
The atmosphere would be perfect for any sort of travelling through epic nature type scenes.

Yea but black metal wouldn't really work for a fight scene. BM can't really capture aggression and brutality
^ Exactly. You need war metal for the fight scenes, black metal for the calm scenes.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Quote by *yournamehere*
I'm pretty sure this is the viking movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT5Nb8kt4xY

pretty ****in epic
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Shred Head
Norse Discovery of America? Then why are they burning churches?

Irish monks
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Yeah, Gummo has a great soundtrack of doom and black metal. The movie's a little too artfag indie, though.
Quote by Shred Head
They were before the Norse?

after

but themovie deals with the adventures of two Vikings who were stranded and met up with recently arrived monks
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Cool.

I'm not going to have expectations though, the story seems cool, but it just looks like an excuse to put metal songs in a movie. Not that it isn't nice, I'm just afraid, they won't do it well.
Quote by Shred Head
Cool.

I'm not going to have expectations though, the story seems cool, but it just looks like an excuse to put metal songs in a movie. Not that it isn't nice, I'm just afraid, they won't do it well.

Ist not pure metal, they throw in some string arrangements and other typical movie soudntarck stuff
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Ist not pure metal, they throw in some string arrangements and other typical movie soudntarck stuff

Even better. As long I don't have to hear anything from TUK, I'm fine
Quote by mortiis999
lol dumb plot

A viking expedition to NorthAmerica.
after run ins with the local Skraelings (Native Americans who attackedthe Vikings) they pack up and set sail for home, except for two who they thought had gotten lost and killed in the woods.

The two stranded vikings then decide to find their way home. They run into some Irish monks eager to convert anything. Brutality ensues
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Page 1 of 2