So I think Im about ready for a complete rig makeover and I want to your opinon on what I should keep and what I should add but I really like the guitars i play and dont want to change those.

Guitars
Heavily Modded Epi Les Paul Standard
Heavily Modded MIM Fender Stratocaster

Pedals
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Line 6 DL4 Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Amp
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Modded W/ Jensen Speaker
Fender 73' Bassman Ten (Restored)
Durka
Last edited by VelvetFireBC491 at Dec 24, 2008,
ummm....................... use the searchbar?
but hey 8/10
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
It would help if you told us what kind of sound you're going for and budget...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by VelvetFireBC491
So I think Im about ready for a complete rig makeover and I want to your opinon on what I should keep and what I should add but I really like the guitars i play and dont want to change those.

Guitars
Heavily Modded Epi Les Paul Standard
Heavily Modded MIM Fender Les Paul

Pedals
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Line 6 DL4 Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Amp
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Modded W/ Jensen Speaker
Fender 73' Bassman Ten (Restored)

Nobody else notice that?

Looks pretty freaking awesome to me. Better pedals though plz.
Quote by beckyjc
Nobody else notice that?

I noticed it, was going to comment on it, but forgot by the time I hit submit
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
As for budget Im willing to make an investment, and Im going for a (this might sound really gay but) John Mayer type tone but still be able to kick out a nice modern heavy distortion.
Durka
Quote by VelvetFireBC491
As for budget Im willing to make an investment, and Im going for a (this might sound really gay but) John Mayer type tone but still be able to kick out a nice modern heavy distortion.

Wait, you can't get John Mayer with that setup?

What are the pickups in the guitars?

~Sell the DS-1, and get one of the Digitech Hardwire pedals (I don't know which, but one's basically a much improved DS-1, similar to Keeley)
~Analog delay?
~better wah (RMC or Fulltone)
Last edited by dudey5691 at Dec 24, 2008,
Quote by dudey5691
What exactly does "heavily modded" mean? It'd be better for help if you specified those mods...

The Les Paul has a BurstBucker 1 in the neck and a Seymour Duncan Sh-11 in the bridge. the switches are moved around and it has a killswitch (ever seen bucketheads white Les Paul?)
Durka
Quote by VelvetFireBC491
The Les Paul has a BurstBucker 1 in the neck and a Seymour Duncan Sh-11 in the bridge. the switches are moved around and it has a killswitch (ever seen bucketheads white Les Paul?)

Well, that's a good setup for the Les Paul, might be frustrating but it should get a Mayer tone, if he'd ever use humbuckers... what about the Strat?

John Mayer Sig pickups? Or just buy another guitar completely, so you can keep certain tones reserved for each guitar?
Quote by VelvetFireBC491

Which Les Paul? cause clearly, you've got the Epi, but apparently you've also got a Fender Les Paul
Quote by VelvetFireBC491

The answer is always 2 amps for that calling.

Get a Two Rock John Mayer sig and a Framus Cobra.
not a bad setup. You could get an MI Audio crunchbox to run on the HRD for modern sounds, but not too shabby.