Alright, I have a Fender Special Mahogany HSS strat. Right now there are 5 D'Addario nickel 9's on, and one DR 9(because the d'add broke). I usually use DR strings and only recently decided to try out d'addario. Well, I hated them and am waiting until I get a pack of DR's to switch back.

Ok, on to the problem. At the end of high-energy songs live and during practice with my band, I jump up and strike the last chord of the song to finish it(Come on, you do it too). Well, about 30-50% of the time, when I come down and hit the note, my guitar goes whacko out of tune. I have locking tuners that have been working just fine for two years, and I haven't had this problem since I got the d'addarrios. I think that changing the strings would fix this, but I'm more interested in WHY this would've happened.

Help???
Fender American Strat HSS MAHOGANY!
MXR Carbon Copy
BBE Soul Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner
Egnater Tweaker 1x12 Combo
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12 combo
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Taylor 114CE
You're hitting the strings too hard and causing them to go out of tune, it would happen to any strings.

Basically, your attack is too hard for the gauge of strings, I suggest going heavier and using 10s.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
You're hitting the strings too hard and causing them to go out of tune, it would happen to any strings.

Basically, your attack is too hard for the gauge of strings, I suggest going heavier and using 10s.

he says he has locking tuners that didn't fail him before though...
Locking tuners don't keep you in tune, a good nut, and free moving tremolo do. That being said, he might be experiencing this because he dislikes the strings, IE psycho acoustics.

I've played with both kinds of strings, and while I prefer dadarrio tone wise I thought both brands stayed in tune equally well.
I think my nut is pretty high-quality though.

I THINK, I haven't seen any other guitars with ball-bearing nuts. I don't think I am hitting the strings to hard though, I mean mid-song I hit them equally as hard(which isn't that hard at all in the first place). I think it has something to do with the jump, but I'm not sure what. My guitar isn't hitting anything.
MXR Carbon Copy
BBE Soul Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Taylor 114CE
Dude if Herman-li (no im not a fan, just know the guy abuses the hell out of a floyd ) can keep his stuff in tune with D'Addario Strings after pulling some of the floyd stunts he does its not the strings. Something is up somewhere but who knows you might have gotten a bad batch of strings.

Out of all the strings I have tried D'Addario's came out on top..
Oh, you've got the roller nut, no worries there. It could be the strings, I suggest switching back (since you like the DRs) and see if that doesn't correct the problem.
Alright, thanks for the help Kevin.

and nah, I'm not trying to put down d'adds, I just thought the info could help. I could've gotten a bad set. They feel really good, and sound pretty good, I just prefer DR's.
MXR Carbon Copy
BBE Soul Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Taylor 114CE