Alright, so time for a new guitar. I'm between these two Fender Strats: Am Deluxe o Am Deluxe V.

V:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Deluxe-Strat-VNeck-Electric-Guitar?sku=511389
(red with gold)

Normal:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Deluxe-Stratocaster?sku=511142
(black with gold)

Alright, so I like the V's better based on ascetics, but I've never tried a V neck before... And no local shops stock the V's.

So question:

Compared to a C-neck, how is the V-neck? (not preference, I mean straight facts and stuff)
This pretty much illustrates the most common guitar necks.

Personally, I think V necks fit your hand more and are more comfortable.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Thank you^

Do you know if the necks on the deluxes are soft medium, or hard Vs? The hard V looks pretty radical.
V necks are one of the best kept secrets in the guitar world. I never did understand why they haven't taken off like they should to be honest. Out of all the shapes, a V is my favorite; it keeps your hand in the right spot and is very comfortable to play after many hours.

I'm not too sure which this one has, but early Fender guitars had a hard V shape. Dean's V necks are in between the soft and medium V, so that should give you some grounds to try a V shape out before you buy.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Never tried one, but with the way you two are talking about them, I may look into it.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
the thing i tend to find with the V is, they are thick enough to play chords comfotably but its only tick directly in the middle so when u wanna play a solo or sumin like that it's really comfortable
v necks are quite nice. i have never played a fender v neck, but i have a v neck on my acoustic and it is so damn comfortable. I do also enjoy the c neck on my schecter.
neck choice is really personal preference, whatever feels the best should be the guitar you purchase.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
I tried a V on a dean razorback once, and it was really weird, never playing a V before i was surprised how V it is!
Most V's are the same thickness as a C shape neck. The only difference is how quickly they slope down towards the edge of the fretboard.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I love C's but I've never gotten to try out a V, so I wouldn't know. But anyway, like I said: C's are great
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
I know some of the Dimebag Deans have the Medium-hard V and most of there origanials do to. I personally don't care I love my razorbacks C with a hint of V verycomfterbal but I do love me a les paul with a nice fat C or a slight U
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?