Page 1 of 2
One of the colleges I'm thinking about going to (Ohio State University) requires each applicant to have had two years of a foreign language before applying. I've only had one year of spanish (it's sort of hard to learn a language in homeschool, ha), but I'm thinking about taking a couple quarters of a language at a local community college and transferring the credits. What do you think the easiest language to take would be? I'll most likely not remember it either way, as I don't encounter anyone who doesn't speak english, and I don't have the money to go to another country. I definitely don't remember much from the year of Spanish..
Doiche
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
I've heard that African languages are very simple and don't take very long to learn at all.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Doiche

I was thinking about taking German, as I know English had some of its origins in German and several words are similar.

I've heard that African languages are very simple and don't take very long to learn at all.

I don't think any African languages are offered, if you were serious.
Swedish - A lot of words are basically the same as English..
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
latin maybe? i'm sure you won't encounter many people who use it other than scientists
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
German is one of the easiest I hear. It's just alot of rules to remember.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Assuming English is your first language, German shouldn't be too hard to pick up. And there's several countries that speak it so you might be using it someday.
i'm taking german in school right now and its definately the easiest of all of them in terms of how much work you get, and also mainly because every other word is a cognate. but the grammar in german is ****ing hard, i heard that spanish and french grammar is easier but the words are harder to remember
Spanish is easy. I took two years of it.

YO QUIERO UN TACO.
All your base are belong to us.
по-русский
Quote by Silentnight66
Because this thread has Hitler and being hyper in it here's the fact of the day. Hitler was a meth addict.
Quote by boreamor
German is one of the easiest I hear. It's just alot of rules to remember.

pretty much
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Quote by seljer
learn a language you want to learn, not just what's easiest

Well I would like to, but seeing as I don't need a foreign language in everyday speech, I would forget it in a short matter of time.
Quote by jimivancobain
i'm taking german in school right now and its definately the easiest of all of them in terms of how much work you get, and also mainly because every other word is a cognate. but the grammar in german is ****ing hard, i heard that spanish and french grammar is easier but the words are harder to remember

French grammar is brutal, there's different versions of verbs depending on how you use it, eg. I swim, you swim, he/she swims, you (plural) swim, they, swim, he/she (plural) swim. In French there would be a different conjugation for each of those cases.
English is a Germanic language, so German shouldn't be difficult. I've studied Spanish for three years and I find it to be the easiest. The Spanish accent is way easier than the German accent.
spanish or latin looks best on apps
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Hold it!

German = Fail
Dutch = Win

And it's easy
Go Dutch!

EDIT: Dutch grammar is same as German grammar only .. easier
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
swedish or german.
i like english the best :P
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
I'm pretty sure you don't actually have to learn the language, you just have to get the class credit. I've had 3 years of spanish and can't even speak full sentences.

I would recommend you either just take another year of spanish, or actually Learn a language you want to learn.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
german. appearently it's the easiest and it also soudns pretty sweet. and french is one of the more difficult languages actually because of all the conjugations and there are a billion exceptions to all the rules.
Quote by yellowshirtguy
I'm pretty sure you don't actually have to learn the language, you just have to get the class credit. I've had 3 years of spanish and can't even speak full sentences.

I would recommend you either just take another year of spanish, or actually Learn a language you want to learn.

Well, apparently I can take them after I get accepted. They just require that I have them. Another school I was looking into required three years to even be accepted, though.
You have no idea how much I suffered doing a Cambridge Latin course.

Learn Dutch or German, German sounds really cool and is quite a lot like English.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
English.

Italian is the most DIFFICULT language. I'm Italian and our grammar is very, very complex. Even a lot of Italians don't know how to speak Italian properly.
Quote by Poglia
English.

Italian is the most DIFFICULT language. I'm Italian and our grammar is very, very complex. Even a lot of Italians don't know how to speak Italian properly.

Oh, sorry, foreign language, ha.

Meh, same here.
Quote by jimivancobain

I'd agree with this.

Der, die, das, dem, den, des

^All six of these words translate as 'the', and you need to know when to use which one, which can be a c*nt to deal with

EDIT: Oh, and also, on the plus side, when you watch a film with Nazis in it, you can kinda understand them
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by Spamwise
Well I would like to, but seeing as I don't need a foreign language in everyday speech, I would forget it in a short matter of time.

no urges to travel?
Quote by seljer
no urges to travel?

Well of course. International travel requires a lot of money though.
Quote by pwrmax
French grammar is brutal, there's different versions of verbs depending on how you use it, eg. I swim, you swim, he/she swims, you (plural) swim, they, swim, he/she (plural) swim. In French there would be a different conjugation for each of those cases.

Is that not how it is with pretty much every language?

I'd recommend German, especially if you are comfortable with very strict logic.
i have done german for 3 years and will be doing it for the next two
i also did french for a year
german is WAAAAYYYY easier
but there are a lot of rules
Gear
Basses
Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass in Olympic White

Guitars
Squier Stratocaster Showmaster NLT HSS
Stagg Electro Acoustic

Amps
Carlsbro Cobra Bass 90W
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Squier SA-10

Well, the introductory German class isn't offered this coming quarter..So I guess I'll just do Spanish.
Quote by whatadrag
learn german because it sounds cool

OKAY
Speaking German = Need for strepsils
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
italian or arabic. seriously arabic isnt that hard as many people would think.
mama let that boy, play some rock n roll
Quote by vanceboy
ah, well, Pl3h-B0y is the real deal, so what he says goes.

Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Cptbeefheart to join!
Name That Riff!
Last edited by Pl3h-B0y at Dec 24, 2008,
Quote by AcousticSlayer
Spanish isn't easy. Verbs are the devil.

yeah, i speak spanish and a bit of english so i can tell you thar verbs are waaaaay more difficult in spanish, even people whose main language is spanish often use the verbs wrong
Page 1 of 2