Page 1 of 3
Seriously, I'm so sick of going on Youtube or UG and seeing ****ty guitar covers and what not and then somebody giving an excuse like "oh I'm sorry it sucks but i just did a really quick cover and there's a **** load of mistakes but i was to ****ing lazy to fix it because i seek instant gratification so please tell me i have potential and if i fix my mistakes which i probably never will because i was to lazy in the first place so ill just learn bad habbits, never learn a full song, just a bunch of half-assed riffs". Just look in the recording forum its full of excuses. And I'm not just talking about guitar covers look at all the ****ing spam effortless excuses of videos on youtube.

Just because any douche bag can get a hold of a computer mic now days or webcam and record some bull**** that they looked up the tab spent two minutes practicing and just through down in one take and posted mistakes and all.

And games like rock band, don't get me wrong, i love singing with it when im drunk, but as long as you have the pitch correct it doesn't matter if you sound better than the original artist or kermit the frog with a cold either way "You Rock".

Theres hundreds of examples mediocrity all over society today, I mean if your going to post something on the internet take two seconds to check your grammer, and put some ****ing effort into whatever it is you do.

I guess all I'm trying to say here is TAKE SOME ****ING PRIDE IN WHAT YOU DO.

So let me know if you agree, offer another example, or tell me I'm the biggest idiot you've ever met.
Last edited by saband at Dec 24, 2008,
Quote by saband
Seriously, I'm so sick of going on Youtube or UG and seeing ****ty guitar covers and what not and then somebody giving an excuse like "oh I'm sorry it sucks but i just did a really quick cover and there's a **** load of mistakes but i was to ****ing lazy to fix it because i seek instant gratification so please tell me i have potential and if i fix my mistakes which i probably never will because i was to lazy in the first place so ill just learn bad habbits, never learn a full song, just a bunch of half-assed riffs". Just look in the recording forum its full of excuses.

Just because any douche bag can get a hold of a computer mic now days or webcam and record some bull**** that they looked up the tab spent two minutes practicing and just through down in one take and posted mistakes and all.

And games like rock band, don't get me wrong, i love singing with it when im drunk, but as long as you have the pitch correct it doesn't matter if you sound better than the original artist or kermit the frog with a cold either way "You Rock".

Theres hundreds of examples mediocrity all over society today, I mean if your going to post something on the internet take two seconds to check your grammer, and put some ****ing effort into whatever it is you do.

So let me know if you agree, offer another example, or tell me I'm the biggest idiot you've ever met.

Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
it's christmas, Im not in the mood for this
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
thats is the result of two decades of "every child is special" and the like

edit:

Quote by saband
check your grammer
Quote by saband
Seriously, I'm so sick of going on Youtube or UG and seeing ****ty guitar covers and what not and then somebody giving an excuse like "oh I'm sorry it sucks but i just did a really quick cover and there's a **** load of mistakes but i was to ****ing lazy to fix it because i seek instant gratification so please tell me i have potential and if i fix my mistakes which i probably never will because i was to lazy in the first place so ill just learn bad habbits, never learn a full song, just a bunch of half-assed riffs". Just look in the recording forum its full of excuses. And I'm not just talking about guitar covers look at all the ****ing spam effortless excuses of videos on youtube.

Check your what?!
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
Quote by saband
Seriously, I'm so sick of going on Youtube or UG and seeing ****ty guitar covers and what not and then somebody giving an excuse like "oh I'm sorry it sucks but i just did a really quick cover and there's a **** load of mistakes but i was to ****ing lazy to fix it because i seek instant gratification so please tell me i have potential and if i fix my mistakes which i probably never will because i was to lazy in the first place so ill just learn bad habbits, never learn a full song, just a bunch of half-assed riffs". Just look in the recording forum its full of excuses.

You might find this difficult to believe but at some point people have had to picked up a guitar and learned how to play it. Due to poor self-esteem they might not want to admit they really are terrible at it.

Quote by saband

Interestingly it takes even less effort to go look up how to properly spell "douchebag". And see how that worked out for you.

Quote by saband

They're from a place called "Having fun-ville". Apparently you've never been.

Quote by saband

Ironyyy!

Quote by saband

I've met bigger. Mostly creationists.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
son, there cames a time in everyones life when they need to just shut the fuck up...
your time is now

so what kids post **** on youtube big deal, or is this some new discovery
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
I blame Oprah. Honestly, #1 encourager of mediocrity.

OP has a point.
Agreed with Jericho. If you are going to bash others for not taking the time to use correct grammar, you should try using it yourself. Thank you for using "Theres" when "There are" would have been appropriate, and for spelling grammar with an 'e.' You also spelled "habits" wrong, and used "to" when you should have used "too." I sincerely hope your post was a joke.

Edit: Here is a quick, crappy version of a song I recorded with an acoustic and a webcam. Please check it out. I know it is sloppy and has some mistakes, but I still enjoy doing it and hearing what other people think about it. Just know that if I really wanted to, I could make it perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIuvAHMbAYA
Last edited by BabyAppeal78 at Dec 24, 2008,
Quote by saband

u bash on UG then you shove your ideas in the pit?

i kno wat u meen i haet peaplez woo dont giva shet bout how dey rite itz sooo anoyin huh?
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
kensai my good man, your detailed analysis has brought a smile to my face and a kick in my step
They're from a place called "Having fun-ville". Apparently you've never been.

amen my good man, amen

Bob Marley
Pox!
No one has to be perfect at everything, if it bothers you then walk away because you won't like everything you see.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
I have more interesting things to occupy my mind with over getting frustrated with such nonsense.
[ ] This thread delivers
[x] Your life is mediocre
[x] Vangelis crushes souls
Quote by Archaon
I blame Oprah. Honestly, #1 encourager of mediocrity.

OP has a point.

He might, but he certainly loses it amongst all the contradiction and flat out mediocre mistakes you can find throughout his post.

Quote by Necrotic
people these days with their mediocracy. he sorta has a point.

....and with people like this guy, supporting his opinions.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Zeelod
Shut up.
\

A perfect example, rather than offering an argument or something constructive you just typed some random thoughtless ****. Seriously comments such as yours contribute nothing so what was the point, probably similiar to talking for the purpose of hearing your own voice.
Quote by Korosu
I have more interesting things to occupy my mind with over getting frustrated with such nonsense.

fap?

Bob Marley
Pox!
Quote by saband
\

A perfect example, rather than offering an argument or something constructive you just typed some random thoughtless ****. Seriously, comments such as yours contribute nothing so what was the point? It was probably similar to talking for the purpose of hearing your own voice.

Fixed
elitist swine

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Quote by saband
\

A perfect example, rather than offering an argument or something constructive you just typed some random thoughtless ****. Seriously comments such as yours contribute nothing so what was the point, probably similiar to talking for the purpose of hearing your own voice.

but you're typing on a keyboard....how can you hear your own voice? you have issues....
TS actually has a really good point.

I AM IN THE MOOD BABY, EVEN IF IT'S CHRISTMAS.
It frustrates me, but if they want to get a guitar to be cool and not realize that learning to play guitar is learning to play an instrument, then they can suck. One less crappy guitarist once they feel it's too hard.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
You Sir, are and idiot
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
normally i would agree with this kind of statement, but it is Christmas and your GRAMMAR (note how it is spelled correctly) is atrocious. now good day sir
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by saband
\

Shut up.
Self-righteous twat.

Love the Low end
It's hard to motivate myself to make something perfect when I'm doing it for free.

Just saying.
Top 5 Rush Songs:
1. La Villa Strangiato
2. Natural Science
3. The Main Monkey Business
4. Vital Signs
5. Subdivisions

Complete Atomic Basie by Count Basie.

Ask me shit: formspring.me/howthiswork
Blaymmmre Mr Rojers. Fo sdho, he's all like ; yoo gaiz er speshul! I ttyl aggree aboot teh gmmer thin too, thoes noobez reelie nied to git offff yootobe. Merry Christmas, get drunk, forget about everything that took place in this thread.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Quote by SaxMachine124
It's hard to motivate myself to make something perfect when I'm doing it for free.

Just saying.

What about doing it for personal satisfaction and betterment? or maybe for the purpose of making good music that people want to hear rather than help stroke your ego.

Maybe if you took an attitude like that someday you wouldn't be playing for free.
Quote by saband
\

It was succinct, though, and I doubt that he considered it to be a court-worthy response. Oh, and it's similar.
Top 5 Rush Songs:
1. La Villa Strangiato
2. Natural Science
3. The Main Monkey Business
4. Vital Signs
5. Subdivisions

Complete Atomic Basie by Count Basie.

Ask me shit: formspring.me/howthiswork
Page 1 of 3