For my Epiphone Elitist SG.

The bridge pickup is awesome. Loads of bite and balls for rock and solo work.

The neck isn't BAD. It's just not perfect. I want a nice warm 'bucker for thick, jazzy cleans.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Hmm.

If you don't like the tone...

SELL IT TO ME!

I always wanted an Elitist SG <3

Seymour Duncan Jazz does what it says on the tin and more. If you've got a good budget, Bare Knuckle Stormy Monday will do you nicely. Since you're in England, check out Rock Monkey Guitars. Brilliant pickups for a great price. Talk to CorduroyEW on this forum about that, he'll find you the perfect pickup.

What amp are you using? Because if you have a problem with your tone, it may well be that.
Haha, there's no way In hell I'm selling it. It's incredible. Good try though .

I'm using all sorts of amps. From MG's to classic 30's to tsl2000 stacks. It's not the amp.

I'm not entirely bothered about price. No point in not putting the best in, I'l just end up upgrading eventually anyway..
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
There you go then.
Bare Knuckle Stormy Monday would be my first choice for jazzy cleans. Also from Bare Knuckle, the PG Blues will give you a 50s PAF tone, wound out of phase for "that" tone (Peter Green) while the Mule is more reminiscent of a 60s PAF, with more power and bite.
If you realise that you can't afford BKPs after all, I heartily reccomend RockMonkeyGuitars. In fact, they'd probably hold their ground pretty well against Bare Knuckles, but if you can afford the Bare Knuckles then get them.
if you're willing to spend serious money, bareknuckle (tried), bulldog and shed pickups are bound to be worth a look.

rockmonkey and swinesheads (have tried, probably the condor) would be worth a try if you want to save a bit.

all of those are handwound, and i haven't tried them all.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Bareknuckles it is then.

Cheers guys .
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
"Magnet: Alnico II (or Alnico IV as an option)"

What's the difference?
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
i should add that in that post i made, it sounded like i didn't think rockmonkeys were as good as BKPs- that's not the case, I've heard really good things about rockmonkeys, but haven't tried them (so personally can't say which i think to be better).

i think alnico IV has a little more bite, while II is a little smoother and spongier, but i could be wrong. would be best to ask over at the bareknuckle forum (or email tim) to be sure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Tim Mills, boss of Bare Knuckle Pickups himself
Alnico II is the softest and generally has a smooth bass and treble although this is more pronounced the hotter the windings get.
Alnico IV is probably the best vintage tone IMHO(for humbuckers) and along with II and III was used in the earliest PAFs-this is a fact and not myth as we've had them analysed and a collegue of mine has also seen original Gibson purchase orders that clearly state AIV bar stock being purchased.The tone of AIV is balanced and extremely organic, it produces the most authentic vintage tone and sits better in slightly hotter vintage winds than AII which tends to get very soft in the bass and highs if used incorrectly.

Straight from the horse's mouth.
Nice one, cheers.
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)