if an amp pushes 260 watts at 8 ohms, would i need to buy a cab rated at 260 watts(or more) at 8ohms or 4?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
ive searched and read the bit on OHMs in the FAQ but it doesn't answer this question,

any help?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Yes, What you said is exactly correct.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
Yes, What you said is exactly correct.

aaaaach i asked a completely different question to what i meant

what i meant to say was...

if i have an amp that pushes 260watts @ 8 ohms and 400watts @ 4 ohms, would my cab need to be rated at 400watts @ 8ohms or 260watts @ 8ohms?
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by ScottB.
if an amp pushes 260 watts at 8 ohms, would i need to buy a cab rated at 260 watts(or more) at 8ohms or 4?

The speaker wattage in the cab and the impedence are two seperate items, speakers have a handling power rating and an impedence figure.

You would need a 4 ohm cab that will handle around the 400 watts from that amp at 4 ohms.

An 8 ohm 250/300 watt cab will allow you to add a second 8 ohm cab for bigger gigs.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
260W @ 8-ohms means it's pushing 260W @ 8-ohms....so if you're running through 8-ohms, treat it like a 260W amp. Yes, you'll need that much to hold it. You won't need a 400W cab @ 8-ohms. I'd recommend getting at least a 300W cab.
Nope, no sig here.
okay thanks

can you suggest some decent 115 cabs around that power?
Quote by guitarhero_764