so i have a direct out using a microphone cable into an adapter into my computer and im trying to record but nothing is showing up on my computer... its set up so that anything through the direct line in would show up but nothing is... my amp is working just fine but nothing is showing up on my computer... is it the adapter?
I don't know much about this junk but you need some sort of preamp rack converter majig... You can't just plug into your computer you need a device to turn the signal into something your computer can read...
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
i dont knwo how experienced you are with recording so im gonna hit the basics

first off is everything on
is everything on the right inputs
is record enabled

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

everything is on, everything is in the plugged into the right thing... its going into garage band and its all set up for recording on garage band (ive done it with a different amp before)
Quote by guitarmageddon0
everything is on, everything is in the plugged into the right thing... its going into garage band and its all set up for recording on garage band (ive done it with a different amp before)

hmm...with the different amp, did you direct line in? or did you record using a mic? I kno that the most common thing i forget when using garage band is to go into the MIDI settings and changing the main input from mic to the internal input
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
...is the record button on? how about the monitor?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional