My newest song, very catchy and upbeat. Complete with melodic solos and intense bass lines (seriously if your a bassist you'll like this song.) Let me know what you think and Ill C4C as well.

Merry XMAS!
Attachments:
Matenrou.zip
Super catchy, great use of both guitars, excellent bass, excellent drums.

There was really only one flaw really, and that was the solo. It just didn't even come close to the quality of the rest of the song. It wasn't memorable, it did the wrong things at the wrong times, it wasn't all that melodic until the harmony parts come in, and while it did improve at that point, it just felt like a super predictable melody. It just seemed devoid of feel or direction, and was instead pointless and overly obvious scale runs.

Still other than that it really is a superb song.
Ya I wrote the solo in about an hour, in a kind of rush to finish the song - a mistake to begin with. I have been trying to write a new one from scratch but I can't seem to find the right foothold. Thanks for the pointer I will keep trying.
Quote by Rodex89
Ya I wrote the solo in about an hour, in a kind of rush to finish the song - a mistake to begin with. I have been trying to write a new one from scratch but I can't seem to find the right foothold. Thanks for the pointer I will keep trying.

Have you tried jamming over it?

I've been having a lot of fun doing just that. I just muted the solo part and looped that section. The rhythm section is doing so much of the work that you're open to start off with a real slow melodic type thing, then break into a bit of shred. Actually I've come up with some pretty cool counter melody stuff leaving that harmony guitar in and playing something entirely different over top of it.
Ya I have but I keep feeling a bluesy scale type solo, I dont know why. Lol I dont want to do what my fingers are telling me! I'll keep experimenting, feel free to post any changes you've made too, im dying to see!
Quote by Rodex89
Ya I have but I keep feeling a bluesy scale type solo, I dont know why. Lol I dont want to do what my fingers are telling me! I'll keep experimenting, feel free to post any changes you've made too, im dying to see!

You know the real irony is that normally I play far too bluesy, but this is one of the few songs that I've kind of escape that really obvious blues sound. It's got some really nice places to throw in those F and B notes, which I generally avoid entirely.

Anyway, might post up some edits or just a recording some point tomorrow just for fun. Been a great song to jam to.
Wow, this was a pretty sweet song man. Intro riff was catchy,nothing too original but it still sounded nice, and I really liked the lick in bars 8 and 12. The next riff fit perfectly pretty much. It's got a nice nice varied rhythm to it. The acoustic part after it was sublime, and the bass was great. Nice melodies at bar 29. The little lick in abr 40 was also pretty sweet. The melody at bar 53 was also very good. I also appreciate the fact that the bass was nice and colorful, not just boring root notes. Very nice variation on the riff at bar 61. Whoah, sweet chord progression at bar 69, and nice bass also.

Solo was very nice but my only complaint about it was the bluesy notes, like in bars 82 and 83. Harmonized part was perfect, very nice melody and phrasing. But please fix those blue notes in bar 92 though. Rest of the song was great also.

Overall, this song really only has room for improvement in a couple of places, because it's mostly great as it is haha. Keep up the great work man, I'm lookin forward to hearing more stuff from you
The only comment I have is that it's a little bit repetitive. Some of the little lick based parts should be more improvised it feels like, to me. That would fix the problem.

Other than that, really good, as usual. Everything sounds refined and well thought out, and it flows perfectly.
Thanks for the crit, and if anyone has some ideas you're more than welcome to modify the song if you'd like and post it here.
That was cool, really complicated!
Sounds really good, catchy(as they say), really quite clever instrument parts.
Intro was good, then the acoustic bit is cool, when the distortion comes back in though, the harmony bits don't sound quite right timing-wise, but otherwise that bit sounds good.
The bit starting at 53 I really like, and the bit starting 63 is even better, but the going up bit from 69 just doesn't seem to go to me, but the end bit at 76 is fine. Solo really quite good, although at the harmony bit the volume increase is too much, really good though.
This next bit, 93 to 100 is the only bit that was repetitive at all, but not really that bad.
The outro is really good bringing the intro back in then soloing_kindof) to the close.
Yeah I really liked that.

"Intense yet intricate" Scottish melodeath band, who have been reviewed live by Terrorizer, Metalgigs and Valkyrian Music in the past year

Get our debut EP Helveien, for free download.
Have you ever heard of the J-rock bands the GazettE and Galneryus? Cause this song just oozes influence from them. I could see this song on GazettE's next album ;]

Anyways... Everything was really good and catchy. The intro was very nice. The trade off of the speakers... I like it. When the drums and bass come in it gives it a nice groove. The lick that you add to the intro gives it the same groove. Very Sonic-esque (in my opinion)

The verse before the clean part is something I would expect from the GazetteE's newest album. Very well done.

The distorted part after is Galneryus like. Very reminiscent of it. Very well done. I like the use of the raised 7th.

Back to the verse. Nice stuff.

Then to the chorus? Maybe. But it's still good.

The next part is good. A nice change up from the part right before.

Killer bass solo! (?) This also sounds very Galneryus like. As does the solo. The solo overall is like a slower version of Galneryus. The drums in it make it seem off-time and it looses that groove to it. And then when the harmony part comes in it doesn't sit well with me. It just doesn't harmonize right to my ears.

Back to the old parts. Very nicely done in these :]

I love the intro/outro. I think you end it very well. It still reminds of of Sonic xD

Overall, i'd give it a 9.5/10 cause the solo needs a little work, but other than that it has to be one of the best songs i've heard. Very catchy. Very well done :] You need to record this!!!

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1038217
At first I didn't really like the intro, but after a while it got a bit catchy and when the other guitar came in I started liking it. The mood shift from the heavy riff to the more melodic part at :44 was interesting, it wasn't really awkward so I guess that worked. I really liked the section that started at 44 seconds in though, along with the section at 1:03. The transition from the melodic part back to the heavier section at around 1:38 works a lot better then it did with going from heavy to melodic.

I thought that your section from 1:03 until the heavier riff came back was really good, a lot going on in it too. 2:28 was a nice shift because its a good build up for the solo and gave the bass some spotlight. I loved the solo and thought it fit the rhythm very well, your leads throughout the whole song very good actually.

I really liked this song throughout the whole thing and had no major complaints. I liked how you mixed melodic sections with heavier ones, I preferred the melodic ones but the heavier sections were nice as well. The flow was very good and the parts all fit together, very nice job.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1037972
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Have you ever heard of the J-rock bands the GazettE and Galneryus? Cause this song just oozes influence from them. I could see this song on GazettE's next album ;]

Lol yes I love the ****ing Gazette and Syu is one of my favorite guitarists of all time. I have to say Gazette has been a big influence lately so Im glad I got the right mix of originality and influence.

Thanks so much for the crit, it was very helpful. Sorry I haven't C4C yet I haven't been on UG in a while been writing many new songs. I will get to your asap