I need some help learning how to play slide, so post whatever help you can give me! Thanks!
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
I'm not exactly the best person to answer, but I've dabbled from time to time.......

Basically, you're best off tuning to an open tuning first (for example open D is DADF#AD), then I put the slide on my third finger. Only press lightly (as in just touch the slide to the strings) and you want to be "fretting" above the fretwire....

That's about all I can tell you, sorry I'm not overly helpful I'm sure someone else will be along soon enough who knows more
Learn to play slide with your pinky. Leaves your main fingers for chords and other lead work.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by JELIFISH19
It's very hard with low action

indeed... it takes a while to get used to

i'd rather play slide with standard tuning, other tuning make me crazy with all the intervals moved and stuff

learn to mute strings behind the slide with your free fingers and also with your picking hand and find the correct pitch in every note
Quote by willieturnip
Learn to play slide with your pinky. Leaves your main fingers for chords and other lead work.

Man speaks of truth! Even though i play it with my index finger and odd as it sounds, IT WORKS!!
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P