Hi.
I need a effect-thing (i dont know what it is called) kinda like This or This. i can also get a pedal but i dont really like them 100% by som reason... anyway, i have a budget at around 100£ and im mostly playing pretty varying music like metallica, iron maiden, white stripes, aerosmith and im playing most metal i find. anyone know good gear to get. i would preffer if i could buy it in London cuz im goin there for a wedding but im gonna be there a week so ill have time.

Edit: i use to spend hours to try different settings on amps and pedals to remember the sound and get the perfect settings so nothing is to complicated 4 me... almost.
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
i think it says MG here on a little note too
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Last edited by Lirarn at Dec 24, 2008,
it aint i dont like pedals by the way they work it just that they look like bricks... or... something else strange. i just think ordinary pedals are kind ugly... a little. by the way, i have tested them both when i couldnt play guitar at all and when i could play decent. i loved the sound so...
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Ah, that's a different issue then.
Either of those units are decent, but it really depends on how you're going to use them. The pocket pod is a standalone unit, so if you're just going to use your guitar and headphones it's good for practice. If you plan to use your multieffect unit with an amp, you'll want the floor POD.
Ok... but the Floorpod is a little expensive so do you know if there is a little cheaper version. that is 210$ where i live and that is 140£ and i can use MAX 130£ and that is 195$. iwould preffer if it is Line6
Quote by Lars
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Quote by Lirarn
Ok... but the Floorpod is a little expensive so do you know if there is a little cheaper version. that is 210$ where i live and that is 140£ and i can use MAX 130£ and that is 195$. iwould preffer if it is Line6

just wait a little longer and save some more money. there is not point in rushing and getting what you don't want.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
btw, the floorpod is a pretty good unit. my church uses them through a simple PA system and they honestly sound amazing.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
but... umm... Now i know. I kinda got money from my dad that is 4 the vacation in london kinda and were going there january 7th and if i spend all money on that i cant do anything else so mybe i change my mind and get something thats good to have and not very expensive... like a kitten just kiddin'. but i want to get something for my guitar or my drums so... i wanted to get some effect thing so i could plug my guitar into our enormous stereo at home and it is a little crappy to play guitar with a squier sp 10 as effect in a big stereo the only effects i request is: distortion(of course), clean, some kind of echo thing and one more thing. we have bass and treble function on the stereo amplifier so i dont really must have that on the pedal/effect-thing.
Quote by Lars
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
well, the pod would work just as well through the stereo by itself. i think that teh floor pod is better, but if you'd rather not spend the money, then the pocket will be just fine!
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
if your looking for an all-around good multi effect unit, check out the Boss Me-50.

what they did was basically take all the little stompboxes they made, and just put them into one thing.

I use one, and I love it. It is SUPER user friendly, and its fun to use when you want to play around with different sounds and such.
A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay.
-- Demetri Martin

Maryland Deathcore
Hang The Wench
Quote by xD3vourm3nTx
if your looking for an all-around good multi effect unit, check out the Boss Me-50.

what they did was basically take all the little stompboxes they made, and just put them into one thing.

I use one, and I love it. It is SUPER user friendly, and its fun to use when you want to play around with different sounds and such.

yea, but that will be way too expensive for what he's looking for.
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Now i found a place on the internet where the floorpod only cost 149$ here and where i live it costs 230$. that is a little price difference so i wonder if it is that cheap in london too. 150$ is 100£.
Quote by Lars
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz