Hello, my first post here on the forums. Although I do lurk the lessons and such often, very great productive site btw!

Anywhom, I'm a relatively new guitarist, been playing for about 7 months. I'm into the bluesy side of things. My favorite guitarists consist of SRV, Peter Tosh, Clapton, Mayer (surprisingly enough), etc.

So I stopped by the shop today with my pops (I'm only 15) to pick up an amp for Christmas. Budget was a little tight so the Superchamp was out of the question, so I was looking at two amps.

They were both listed at 230, the Champion 300 and the Frontman 65r. I went with the dude's advice, he said the 300 would suit me better. Turns out, he's a drummer and doesn't know squat about guitars, so his advice wasn't worth much.

Should I have taken advantage of that Frontman, or was the 300 a good choice?

Nothing I can do about it know, peace of mind is best though.

Thank you.
Out of those two, the Champ is superior. The Frontman is horrible.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I have a Fender Frontman 15G and I wish that every morning when I wake up that it magically disappeared and a Marshall HS replaced it. xD

I research amps so you made a good choice compared to Frontmans.
GEAR
Guitars
Yamaha RGS-121
IBANEZ GIO GAX30
Sound
ACQUIRING AMP
Boss ME-6 multi-effects
Boss DS-1

New things are in order.
thats a great choice.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
have you played through it yet?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Actually, I just jammed on it a bit.

Ohh man, the tone on that thing is just what I was looking for. I had to stop playing though, since the whole family is blaring their music.

But yeah, I was very pleased. For my next upgrade, I'm going to try and hurry up selling my violin and get some new pickups!
Quote by musicjohnny
Actually, I just jammed on it a bit.

Ohh man, the tone on that thing is just what I was looking for. I had to stop playing though, since the whole family is blaring their music.

But yeah, I was very pleased. For my next upgrade, I'm going to try and hurry up selling my violin and get some new pickups!

... You hadn't even played it yet and you were saying it was a bad choice just 'cause the guy who recommended it was a drummer? Dude. lol...
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."