heya
Im planning to get a Bugera 6260 head and 412H bugera cab.
Im wondering about reliability for this amp n cab?
Im planning to to lots of gigs around and use it quite abit.
Any help on this?
And also is it possible to actually customize guitar cabs n head?
Like paint the bodies etc?

Also can you run effects through this amp like phaser n shiz, and do you do it like normal?
Im new to the half stack stuff

Thx in advance
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
just get the combo...or stay away from the Bugera Cab
the amp does have some reliabilty issues, and i would really only buy it if you get a return policy with it
as for customizing amps, you can change the torlex, but painting the cab and such would just ruin the value of the amp
A lot of people say that hardwiring some of the connections inside the amp would be a good decision.

keep in mind that it voids the warranty.
Quote by al112987
A lot of people say that hardwiring some of the connections inside the amp would be a good decision.

haha elaborate on this?
I can be quite handy at tech work
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Quote by Ghold125
as for customizing amps, you can change the torlex, but painting the cab and such would just ruin the value of the amp

What if i did something similar to the RH150 G+ camo and painted it camo
It might look kwl and even if people didnt like it, i could sell to some n00b?
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
There is a user here I think his name is Beer Church, that has a guide on the things one can do to improve the reliability of Bugeras. They're simple fixes but are really things that should never have really been issues in the first place and can really help improve the longevity of the amp. Stuff like transformers not being completely bolted down to the chassis, and hardwiring some of the connections that are connected using plastic clips. If you're handy with this sort of stuff you might want to take a look. But if you're not particularly comfortable with working on an amplifier you may want to take it to a tech to do some of it. Working on an amp with 500VDC running through it isn't particularly safe if you don't know you're doing. That's enough voltage to kill you many times over.
Quote by al112987
There is a user here I think his name is Beer Church, that has a guide on the things one can do to improve the reliability of Bugeras. They're simple fixes but are really things that should never have really been issues in the first place and can really help improve the longevity of the amp. Stuff like transformers not being completely bolted down to the chassis, and hardwiring some of the connections that are connected using plastic clips. If you're handy with this sort of stuff you might want to take a look. But if you're not particularly comfortable with working on an amplifier you may want to take it to a tech to do some of it. Working on an amp with 500VDC running through it isn't particularly safe if you don't know you're doing. That's enough voltage to kill you many times over.

Thanks alot man, ive done tech stuff on my guitar and SS amps but not a tube.
I learnt to do these things myself by experimenting and doing again and again.
When you say that many voltages could kill you, im obv not going to fix it while it on?
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Cant find that beer church dude =/
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
personally, i would just wait for it to break on its own and then get it fixed for free than to void the warranty. thats just me though.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Horny-Egg
Thanks alot man, ive done tech stuff on my guitar and SS amps but not a tube.
I learnt to do these things myself by experimenting and doing again and again.
When you say that many voltages could kill you, im obv not going to fix it while it on?

No, the amp can still kill you when it's off, even after it's been off for a few days sometimes. The filter caps in the amp's power supply can store lethal charges for a very long time. Things like draining the caps before touching anything inside the amp is essential.
Quote by al112987
No, the amp can still kill you when it's off, even after it's been off for a few days sometimes. The filter caps in the amp's power supply can store lethal charges for a very long time. Things like draining the caps before touching anything inside the amp is essential.

How dya drain the caps? =/
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Reliability - I think a lot of the newer Bugera's are more reliable than their old ones.

Painting - what, you mean the guitar itself? You can do anything to it you want, really. Finish it with lacquer to seal it.
Quote by StiltonCheese
Reliability - I think a lot of the newer Bugera's are more reliable than their old ones.

Painting - what, you mean the guitar itself? You can do anything to it you want, really. Finish it with lacquer to seal it.

6260?

And no, the cab and head, similar to the RH150 G+ Cab Urban Camo
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Just got my 6262 212 combo this morning...

It was worth the 1 year wait lol.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
I love my Bugera.

I did have to take it to the tech once due to the soldering issue, but since then has worked great. This morning the girlfriend was gone to visit her parents, which left me all alone in the house. This finally allowed me the chance to crank this mother****er and I must say, it was awesome. And the volume was at 6 and the master at about 2-3 and it was ****ing loud man. Good times, good times.
Quote by suffersystem
I love my Bugera.

I did have to take it to the tech once due to the soldering issue, but since then has worked great. This morning the girlfriend was gone to visit her parents, which left me all alone in the house. This finally allowed me the chance to crank this mother****er and I must say, it was awesome. And the volume was at 6 and the master at about 2-3 and it was ****ing loud man. Good times, good times.

what exactly needed soldering?
Because when i get the head im going to follow BeerChurch's blog and just make final ajustments
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
That pic is so old..
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Horlicks
Just don't do this:

OMG!
I will NOT do that!
ewwww who the hell would do that?!
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son