Ok so i just bought the ISP decimator. Its in the mail on the way to my house.
This is my first stompbox, and so i need help.

I have a line 6 spyder III halfstack. and i got the FBV shortboard for it, which basically just has a tuner, wah, volume, and channel changer.

Now when I finally get the decimator, how am i supposed to link it?

Do i run a cord from my guitar, into the decimator, then into the amp
or do i just hook it up into the fx loop?
I dont know.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay.
-- Demetri Martin

Maryland Deathcore
Hang The Wench
well assuming the noise you want to cut it out is from the amp itself, id run it in the effects loop as that cuts out the noise after the pre amp. running it in front of the amp is for when your running a lot of effects to cut out noise.
It depends on where the noise is coming from.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
It depends on where the noise is coming from.

i doubt his noise is coming from before the amp because his only pedal is a footswitch, so i doubt you can put it in chain with that.
Quote by enalsisiht
i doubt his noise is coming from before the amp because his only pedal is a footswitch, so i doubt you can put it in chain with that.

He could have a grounding issue with his guitar, some noisy pickups or feedback. It could very well be in front of the amp, it's more likely to be after the pre amp but you never know. I think it's more likely that he has the gain too high and would be better off tweaking his settings.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Doesn't the Spider stack have a built in noise gate? I dunno how to turn it on/off but I've heard things that imply it does...

Just like has been said, try in front of amp and then in the FX loop, see what works best for you.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."