Poll: Which sport has the best athletes.
Poll Options
View poll results: Which sport has the best athletes.
Basketball
30 7%
American Football
62 15%
Soccer/futbol
64 15%
Hockey
69 16%
Boxing/Wrestling/MMA
65 16%
Baseball
4 1%
Rugby
75 18%
Other, specify
50 12%
Voters: 419.
Page 1 of 8
As the title says? Which sport do you think has the best athletes?
Of course, all the Europeans are going to say soccer, because thats the main sport of that entire continent, so this poll is more generated towards Americans.

My pick would be American football players. For 60 minutes, they pour their blood and sweat on the field. Sure, you could say they get breaks between every play, but the sheer physicality of the sport compared to all others is just amazing. And the combined speed and strength of these players is unparalleled in any other sport.

Anyways, voice your opinoins and discuss.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by msuspartan
As the title says? Which sport do you think has the best athletes?
Of course, all the Europeans are going to say soccer, because thats the main sport of the world except the usa, so this poll is more generated towards Americans.

My pick would be American football players. For 60 minutes, they pour their blood and sweat on the field. Sure, you could say they get breaks between every play, but the sheer physicality of the sport compared to all others is just amazing. And the combined speed and strength of these players is unparalleled in any other sport.

Anyways, voice your opinoins and discuss.

Fixed

Rugby union is relentless there are few breaks and its is very fast and very powerful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkbjtAfpNc4

But ill say american football if it helps you jerk off easier.
i say american offensive linemen, most of them play the whole game without a break except on defense of course and they have to play against fresh defensive linemen the whole game.

but best in general i would say hockey a very physical and fast sport

EDIT: actually scratch all of that.......... MMA hands down the hardest sport
Last edited by dmiwshicldply at Dec 24, 2008,
out of those, football/rugby/fighting

but ima vote for baseball because it's my sport
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Well it's not like american football is non-stop now is it :P

Might say basketball those guys are superhuman
MMA, probably.

But I voted for hockey, because we all know this is going to turn into a "Your favourite sport" poll.
I would say basketball. Quite an exhausting sport to play, and definitely the sport that requires the most agility. Football is good too, but basketball players are all-around athletes. Some football players weigh more than 300 pounds, and then youve got the kickers who couldnt even tackle my grandma weighing like 150. Thats why I vote for basketball.
Quote by Roast Beef
Well it's not like american football is non-stop now is it :P

Might say basketball those guys are superhuman

i played both ways and special teams in highschool and its brutal, its just a shame that professional athletes are pansies and they dont play ironman football anymore
Quote by Doppelgänger
MMA, probably.

But I voted for hockey, because we all know this is going to turn into a "Your favourite sport" poll.

My favorite sport is basketball, I don't even play football but I do believe they are better athletes. I also think hockey is a very physically demanding sport, but you do wear more pads in hockey than in football, and skating is easier than running, but I do see your point.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
hockey is definitely the fastest sport, and obviously it's very physical as well.

Quote by msuspartan
My favorite sport is basketball, I don't even play football but I do believe they are better athletes. I also think hockey is a very physically demanding sport, but you do wear more pads in hockey than in football, and skating is easier than running, but I do see your point.

football players sprint for like 10 seconds tops every play.. generally.
in hockey you're skating as fast as you can for 45 seconds straight. which is actually alot harder than it sounds.
also football pads are like 5 times the size of hockey shoulder pads.
Last edited by skate_guitar at Dec 24, 2008,
Rugby. A combination of soccer and football is brutal.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I'd say American Football....... the conditioning alone for that is pure hell, especially with 10 pounds or more of equipment and whatnot.

That's from my experience though. I hear rugby is also pretty brutal, and I imagine it is.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
I really wish people would use the searchbar sometimes.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
i voted soccer, due to the extreme shape of the players, but its probably rugby, due to the brutality of the game.
And im american.
member of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm silvertoness11 to join

Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
In the beginning there was nothing...

...which exploded.

UG MISSLE SILO!
Quote by Jericho114
I really wish people would use the searchbar sometimes.

Hmm... nothing similar to this came up in the first couple of pages, so gtfo. k thx

To dmiwshicldply, if another player was coming at him at the same speed, the force of impact would have been doubled, and both players would have more likely than not been seriously injured. But I also agree that the study is flawed.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by football4224
I would say basketball. Quite an exhausting sport to play, and definitely the sport that requires the most agility. Football is good too, but basketball players are all-around athletes. Some football players weigh more than 300 pounds, and then youve got the kickers who couldnt even tackle my grandma weighing like 150. Thats why I vote for basketball.

i agree, and also think basketball because of the fact that you can't rest your hands on your knees for even 2 seconds
Quote by dmiwshicldply
that study is horrible. you cant relate it to each other using that study the football player should be hitting another person coming straight at him

you really dont get that do you? have you ever seen a game of rugby?
Quote by msuspartan
Hmm... nothing similar to this came up in the first couple of pages, so gtfo. k thx

To dmiwshicldply, if another player was coming at him at the same speed, the force of impact would have been doubled, and both players would have more likely than not been seriously injured. But I also agree that the study is flawed.

thats exactly my point, there is no way that could have been possible, so i guess they should have had the rugby player hit a dummy then the final conclusion would have favored football heavily over rugby
Quote by dmiwshicldply
thats exactly my point, there is no way that could have been possible, so i guess they should have had the rugby player hit a dummy then the final conclusion would have favored football heavily over rugby

you obviously didnt watch the whole video, the rugby makes 4 times the amount of tackles and is involved in other forceful manoevers such as scrums AND take minimal breaks therefore they are emitting much more force over an entire game therefore have to be physically fitter and stronger.
For me it's either between hockey, football, or MMA. MMA is pretty tough... you need agility, strength, and stamina. Hockey is a tough, fast sport where you need balance and hand eye coordination as well. Football you could need a number of things: speed and agility for some, strength for others, hand eye coordination for others, leg strength for others, stamina for all.

I voted MMA though.
GO YANKEES!
Hockey. hockey players skate as hard as they can for about a 30 seconds to a minute, where as a lot of football players just hit each other. Im not saying football isint physically demanding, cuz it obviously is when you're trying to push a 300 pound guy to the ground, but cardio-wise, hockey is very demanding, cuz you have to go up and down the ice as fast as you can
“It's all fun and games, until someone looses an eye...than it's fun and games you can't see anymore.”-James Hetfield
Quote by Andr00
you obviously didnt watch the whole video, the rugby makes 4 times the amount of tackles and is involved in other forceful manoevers such as scrums AND take minimal breaks therefore they are emitting much more force over an entire game therefore have to be physically fitter and stronger.

your obviously not listening to what im saying, at the end of the video they concluded that rubgy and football emitt about the same amnt of force over the course of a game, however they failed to take into account the force of the reciever, they only take in the tackler so therefore the force of football would be doubled putting them over rugby regardless

however it seems that everyone is forgetting about MMA. Have any of you ever been in a fight? if you have i bet it didnt last 5 minutes and you were exhausted afterwards right? well try fighting for 25 minutes with only a 2 minute break every 5 minutes, not counting the absolutely brutal training regimen they go through and they are gettin punched in the face constantly. They are the best athletes in the world in my opinion
Quote by dmiwshicldply
your obviously not listening to what im saying, at the end of the video they concluded that rubgy and football emitt about the same amnt of force over the course of a game, however they failed to take into account the force of the reciever, they only take in the tackler so therefore the force of football would be doubled putting them over rugby regardless

however it seems that everyone is forgetting about MMA. Have any of you ever been in a fight? if you have i bet it didnt last 5 minutes and you were exhausted afterwards right? well try fighting for 25 minutes with only a 2 minute break every 5 minutes, not counting the absolutely brutal training regimen they go through and they are gettin punched in the face constantly. They are the best athletes in the world in my opinion

i read what you wrote, but the player would never normally hit that hard in a game because he wouldnt have that free space or run up, and again the amount of extra force required for scrums etc is significicant, a rugby player will probably be involved in 10-15 scums a game minimum.

in addition force is one part of athleticism. taking breaks every 10 seconds makes American Football null and void. The key component to athleticism is stamina.
Quote by Andr00

in addition force is one part of athleticism. taking breaks every 10 seconds makes American Football null and void. The key component to athleticism is stamina.

I'd like to see how long a rugby player lasts in an American football game, and how long an American football player lasted in a rugby game.

I guarentee you that the American football player would last twice as long as the rugby player.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by skate_guitar
i'd love to see a defensive lineman stop a forward hockey player...

I'd love to see a forward hockey player stop a defensive lineman.

To threadstarter, how can you put Boxing, MMA, and Wrestling in the same option? They're nothing alike. It's like putting American Football, Tennis and Hockey all in the same one.

EDIT: All sports are hard. The only way you could honestly decide which one is the hardest is by playing all of them. Otherwise you'll be totally biased to the sport you play and/or like.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
Last edited by bassmaniac101 at Dec 24, 2008,
Quote by bassmaniac101
I'd love to see a forward hockey player stop a defensive lineman.

To threadstarter, how can you put Boxing, MMA, and Wrestling in the same option? They're nothing alike. It's like putting American Football, Tennis and Hockey all in the same one.

touche.
still, the forward hockey player is obviously gunna be the more physically in shape dude.
Quote by skate_guitar
touche.
still, the forward hockey player is obviously gunna be the more physically in shape dude.

It would be close, but probably. Although I'm not quite sure what a forward does in hockey.....
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
that's kinda hard to explain. we're all over the place. but either way hockey players are in about the same shape no matter what position you play
Quote by skate_guitar
touche.

Hey dude, put any forward hockey player against Ray Lewis, or Chuck Liddell (sp?). Also, I bet most NBA basketball players are in better shape than hockey players.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Lol anything but American Football.
and i sit and wonder, falling under .
Marching band...

You can laugh, but you just dont understand. I play tenors (the drums with four drums, also called quads) and well...****s insane. Seriously

The uniforms and chestplates are hot as hell, you have to be exactly on your coordinate 100% of the time, you and to run around and do crazy maneuvers. All this and more, while keeping unparalleled musicianship the whole time
This is no contest whatsoever. Hockey players are the most physically fit, the most classy, and have to undergo the greatest challenge of any sport to win a championship. It takes a minimum of 16 games to win the Stanley Cup, and that means 16 straight wins. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the Stanley Cup playoffs can last a maximum of 28 games. In addition to the playoffs, there is an 82 game regular season schedule in which the top players play as many as 30 minutes per game. Hockey requires supreme leg strength, amazing balance, toughness in the upper body, flexibility, incredible reflexes, and extreme mental toughness. Hell, looking at that list, hockey takes football's best talents, American football's best talents, UFC's best talents, and the top talents of other sports including gymnastics and figure skating (Yes, it's a wimpy sport, but it's incredibly difficult. I couldn't even imagine attempting the stuff that Elvis...whatshisname can do).

What's American football's season length? 25 games including the playoffs? It's ridiculous to say that American football players are the best athletes. A third of them are overweight.

In regards to class, the worst crime that a hockey player has committed was vehicular manslaughter. It's not like football where you have morons like O.J. Simpson and Michael Vick going to jail for completely retarded incidences. It's also not like baseball where everybody is drugged up.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Last edited by Liberation at Dec 25, 2008,