What type of internet security/Anti-Virus do you all run? I'm talking to the software boys. I'm a hardware kid

I currently run Norton, simply out of laziness to change. BUT THE TIME HAS COME!

Anybody that knows anything about computers, knows Nortan is an absolute memory hog.

I haven't been keeping up with recent security software developments over the past year or so, so I don't know where to look.

Anybody that has a good grip on the subject, please suggest something that isn't such a memory hog and wont miss a lot of viruses like Nortan does.

Nortan is simply past its prime
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
I use Avast! (the exclamation point is part of the name, I think)
I like it better than AVG tbh. I only used a demo of the Norton, hated it.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
you mean norton?

i use avira antivir. probably the best free program yet
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Norton is useless bullcrap. If you want a good AV get Comodo. Its free and better than Norton and Mcaffe combined.
Quote by Matt420740
Norton is useless bullcrap. If you want a good AV get Comodo. Its free and better than Norton and Mcaffe combined.

Isn't Comodo a firewall?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by moody07747
Nod32

My brother told me about this once... how does it compare to AVG, Avast, or Avira (lol, AAA)?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Norton isn't that bad. I mean it's a total memory hog and there is better security software..... but it isn't horrible.

McAfee on the other hand is absolute **** put on a CD and sold as "software."
sup?
I use AVG free, I like it.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I'm gonna try out AVG and Avast and see which one I like more, and combine one of those with the zone alarm free firewall.

Thanks boys
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
there's a pretty good anti-virus thread with a ton of links in it. i suggest you check it out .

and kaspersky pwns you all.
Sent from my iPad.