What are some good patch cables that aren't too expensive?
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
bump.
Last.fm

Don't bump after 7 minutes. It's freakin' Christmas Ever. No one is online.

Also, you asked for an inexpensive method - making cables is EASY, and it's cheaper than buying 10 patch cables.

Do the math:
6" patch cable - common price? 10 bucks. You have 10 pedals.
So you need at least 9 patch cables.
90 dollars.

Let's say you make them:
9 cables, 6" each, at 72 cents per foot, you're looking at less than 5 dollars.
Buy some jacks, You could get 15 jacks for 20-ish dollars...
Looking like a lot less money to spend...
Plus, if you have a pedalboard, you could be cutting some custom lengths for yourself.
And, using the cable I recommended, you'd have better quality cable than most of the stuff on the mainstream market.

BTW, a quick search on musiciansfriend.com would have yielded some cheap alternatives. Do some of your own legwork.
At present, I'm using the solderless Lava Mini-ELC cable kits and they're downright excellent. But I do have to agree, making cables is way easy and way cheap all things considered.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM