I played it for about 2 and a half hours without taking a break or turning it off or just to on-standby...not a smart thing to do.

I turned it off about 15 minutes ago and it's still pretty hot. Soon after I turned it off my room smelled like burnt popcorn (or in this case, amp) for a while but that smell is gone.

Is this going to permanently damage my amp? Am I screwed?
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
I doubt it. Amps are built to be played.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
if anything happens, replace the tube i guess
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
It is not bad man, chill, in the worst case you will only have to replace the tubes, amp are designed to be abused
Fender Stratocaster Highway One
Digitech GNX 4
Laney Lx65R
why do people think that their tube amps are going to explode unless they don't baby them?
Indeed. I mean, the idea of an overdriven amp came from pushing old single channel amps to hard.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by Thebiz
I played it for about 2 and a half hours without taking a break or turning it off or just to on-standby...not a smart thing to do.

I turned it off about 15 minutes ago and it's still pretty hot. Soon after I turned it off my room smelled like burnt popcorn (or in this case, amp) for a while but that smell is gone.

Is this going to permanently damage my amp? Am I screwed?

This is in essence what gig tube amps go through on a regular basis. It's not like they die if they are used.

Just get a few new tubes if the tone sounds too muddy after something like that.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Thebiz

Man, if that were the case, I think most of us in this forum would be screwed, not just you. There had to have been something else making that smell, not just from you playing it. Besides, you'd have smelled it when playing.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
I use my amp atleast 2+ hours every tuesday, wednesday, and thursday. Sometimes when i gig it may be on for over 4 hours
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus