I'm not in a band, I just play alone in my basement. I've always wanted to try writing. These are my first three attempts. I lay the drums down on the computer where I want them but I play both guitar parts when there is two and I also have a digitech RP250 that lets me record my 6 string electric as a bass, so that's me playing the simple bass lines as well. I'm pretty excited and wanted to get some feedback. They're very short tracks, but it's a start.
Each of the three tracks has a very different feel.

http://www.myspace.com/breakingfromyesterday
Your playing is good, but you need to examine song structures. Here it comes seemed to be the best in this area, but the worst as far as the drums go. May i suggest purchasing Guitar Pro 5. Its what I use to program drums bass, and keyboard parts. The backing tracks on the other songs were a bit better, but no real variation in the song. Especially the last song. The volume swell thing is cool, but you should have something else like clean arpegios at the end or distorted power chords in the middle. The riffs in the second song were good. They could make a song with a bridge and a solo. Check out the song in my profile if you're interested.
Quote by na10tbolt
Your playing is good, but you need to examine song structures. Here it comes seemed to be the best in this area, but the worst as far as the drums go. May i suggest purchasing Guitar Pro 5. Its what I use to program drums bass, and keyboard parts. The backing tracks on the other songs were a bit better, but no real variation in the song. Especially the last song. The volume swell thing is cool, but you should have something else like clean arpegios at the end or distorted power chords in the middle. The riffs in the second song were good. They could make a song with a bridge and a solo. Check out the song in my profile if you're interested.

Yeah, I've never taken any lessons, theory, or studied song structures. It would probably help. I look into it. Thanks.