Title is self explanitory, post pictures and views on my favorite acoustic company.

Here's my AWESOME FF60WR.

Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
I've got an alvarez that i love. I've had it for like five years and I wouldn't ever trade or sell it.
Pictures, my good man!
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
I usually don't like acoustics that are anything but natural/sunburst/black, but that, my good man, looks incredible.

I love the Alvarez that has the violin sunburst on it. Can't remember the exact model number, but it comes in a dread and jumbo. I know someone that has one. I likes it
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Resurrection!
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Ehh, didn't see this thread before.

Alvarez MD95. It's my friends. Solid east indian rosewood side/back and sitka spruce top. She plays beautifully and sounds her best with a lighter playing style. Don't mind the ugly oaf in the background(which is actually me). LOL.

Credits for the pic go to my brother.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
^ Ahahahaha.....cappy you look hawaiian dude. How'd you wind up in canuck-ville? lol JK
It's a sweet axe for sure. Looks wise it blows away my RD20SL, which is this:

And here's one of my favorite looking little gems, the A800 mando...alas, they don't offer her in a lefty version.

When I tan, I look more Filipino. When I'm pale, I look more Korean or Japanese. Nobody ever guesses that I'm Chinese though. Ever.
Equipment:

^How do those sound plugged in? I'm debating between instant satisfaction with one of those and getting one of Takamine's new releases
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
^How do those sound plugged in? I'm debating between instant satisfaction with one of those and getting one of Takamine's new releases

They sound very bright, an almost piercing kind of sound plugged in...comes w/ the standard volume, treble and bass controls(no assistants) so you'll have to play around with the amp to get it where you want...Sounds awesome unplugged. Looking back now I wish I would've got the dread like Lefty has. But in this price-range I stand by my opinion that you cant do any better than this one.

Hope that helps and that I didnt scare you away from buying the RD20 A/E...It's very much worth $300
well guys, I just bought an Alvarez RD8M as my first acoustic. Frankly, I suck at guitar in general, but im going to learn. I also have an Ibanez Electric that I play every now and then. Anyhow I got this on trade at the local music store. I traded in my bass for it. Im pretty impressed with the nice warm rich tone it seems to have, compared to some of the other acoustic guitars they had there, like cort, austin, a few peaveys, etc. Seems like I made a great decision!!!
Alvarez "ROCKS" I have a RD6. But this is going to be my next acoustic guitar a Alvarez AD90SCK beautiful.
ROCK'N 6 STRINGS GRINDING PICKS INTO POWDER
Last edited by Rodney Rocket at Feb 2, 2009,
I have an Alvarez MD95, which is the guitar captivate posted the picture of up there. I'm also strongly considering buying a PJ85SCDVS in the near future, but I have not decided yet. Here's that beauty:

Oh my lawd.........

Jim, I love that guitar. Please, for the sake of humanity, get it. It looks awesome and sounds awesome......

And for anyone who hasn't seen that guitar in person, the picture doesn't do it justice at all.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Alvarez-Yairi DY40C here.

I sold an Ovation CC Elite and Seagull 12 string 'cause I wanted to get a good Martin or Larrivee, I walked out of the music store with the Alvarez-Yairi because it was just THAT much better sounding for the price.

Of course, nobody frikken believes me until they are in front of it at a Jam and after a few songs they start to see the light.
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
Anybody that thinks the Yairi guitars aren't up there with Martin or Larrivee doesn't know what they are talking about
jimtaka... I now love you

To be honest, I'd never heard of Alvarez or Yairi. I bought purely on the sound I heard that day. I had the sales guy play the guitars while I stood back. As far as the fret boards go, I was spending good money and knew I'd get used to any of the fret setups.

I now know the entire life history of Kazou and Sada and father Sadou... although I mix those last two names up a bit. I've also since studied the art of the Luthier, the sounds of the different kinds of wood, and every other bit of useless information I could find.

It's all very fascinating
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
Quote by Milez5858
I've also since studied the art of the Luthier, the sounds of the different kinds of wood, and every other bit of useless information I could find.

You fit right in around here!
Quote by jimtaka
Anybody that thinks the Yairi guitars aren't up there with Martin or Larrivee doesn't know what they are talking about

Hmm... pretty much everything Japanese made instrument is of high quality.
Equipment:

^That's actually pretty much completely true. Yamaha, Takamine, Alvarez Yairi, MIJ Fender electrics....the list goes on and on and on.

I mean, even my $175 Takamine is absolutely EXCELLENT quality. I mean, we're talking better than most acoustics my friends have. Of course, those are all Ibanez and Fender, but they all cost at least 2x as much.

In fact, my acoustic is easier to play than my near-equivalently priced Squier Strat.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
What Takamine do you have that is MIJ? I think most are made in Korea.
Seriously? I have a G320. Like, the lowest-end Takamine there is. Well, was. They discontinued it. But on the ID sticker inside it says Made In Japan very clearly. I thought they were all MIJ.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just double checked. Mine was MIC (Made In China, just like half the stuff in my house )

Takamine is a Japanese company though....I figured that they would have most of their stuff made in Japan. Huh......
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Feb 4, 2009,
*sigh* Just like everything else, they're "Made in China". Seems that even Japan needs to outsource to China for cheap labor these days. What is the world coming to?
China's gonna be #1 soon, lol. Unfortunate, but true. I think I'm a weird one. Even though I'm Chinese, I really don't care for China at all. Guess that's what happens when your family is in Canada for over 100 years.
Equipment:

Being Chinese doesn't mean you have to like China necessarily. There are many aspects of the Chinese governmental system that I think most people would find objectionable if they were given the opportunity to explore and experience some alternatives.

And about the Takamines... gah I'm gonna have to check when I get home from work. I was thinking that mine were all made in Korea, but I really haven't ever paid that much attention. For me it's always kinda like USA > Japan > everything else, so if I know it's not MIA or MIJ I guess I don't take particular notice unless something is particularly shocking about the quality or something. Come to think of it, I might even put made in Mexico third on that list. I've seen some really nice, quality stuff that was MIM.
Shhhh this is an Alvarez thread ... enough with the "T" word already.

2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Just bought me an Alvarez Yairi DY40C, I love it. I played T's, and M's, and F's, and the other T. lol The alvarez just sat on top. Something about handcrafted just does for me as well.