To start off with, this isnt about calluses - I've got some thick ones as I've been playing guitar for about a year.

But recently I feel a much deeper pain, kind of like internal bruising (even though theres no colour change). Anyway I've been resting them for a little while - but the pain doest seem to be going away.

Anyone had similar problems? Any suggestions?
Stop playing guitar. Even after the first year of playing, and I played a lot, i would still get pain if i played for hours and hours on end especially with an acoustic guitar with high action and tough strings that dad used for slide.. Which I also did often.

Man up, you girl.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Lol, his username is Bloodfingers.

Anyway, pain is normal if you play for hours and hours and hours on end
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve Combo Amp
Crybaby GCB-95 Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Digitech RP-50
I've been playing for a little longer than three years. Don't play that much though, but played a lot yesterday, about 5hours with not a lot of rest periods in between and my fingers is also **** sore. Feels like the strings cuts into them. Funy thing is I play 9gauge strings.
Yeah thats the thing, I havent played for hours on end and Ive rested them for 2 days now and they still hurt pretty bad.
Just chill for a while and if the pain isn't doing better in a week go see a doctor.
Iv been playing for so long that I dont get callouses anymore. Go get it checked out if it keeps up, but when you feel the pain, stop right away. Its like singing, if you feel your throat is in pain, stop right away because your technique is wrong.
-PV14 Mixer
-Crown XTI 1000 Amp
-Two PR15 mains
-Shure SM58
-Dbx compressor/gate
Quote by jc71corvette
Iv been playing for so long that I dont get callouses anymore. Go get it checked out if it keeps up, but when you feel the pain, stop right away. Its like singing, if you feel your throat is in pain, stop right away because your technique is wrong.

Yeah I dont get calluses either - but I'm usually very immune to long playing times, which is why I'm finding it a bit weird.