http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Classic-Design-Series-CD110ce-Dreadnought-Cutaway-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar?sku=519315 this is the guitars i was looking at buying. It nice. Anyone else got a opinion?? I dont like full fat body guitars i like the skinny neck and cut body. Something skinner than the fat ones.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
BAD. Very bad. Fender, Ibanez, and Dean acoustics should be avoided like the plague. Actually, the general rule is if they are known for electrics, the company's acoustics should be avoided. Of course, Epiphone and Gibson are exceptions to the rule, but that is a technicallity.

If you won't use if for gigs, you don't need electronics. They don't make the guitar any more special than a pure acoustic if you won't be plugging in, and in your price range, any acoustic-electric you find will be a really crappy guitar with really crappy electronics.

I have no idea what you mean by cut body and something skinnier than the fat ones. I assume that you are an electric player who wants to buy and acoustic and thinks they are too thick because you're used to your little 2" thick electric. Get a full bodied acoustic. It will have fuller, better tone.

You say you like thinner necks. Give Takamine a look. They make really good guitars for the price, and they have nice, thin necks and really low action. I have one. I love it.

Basically, in your price range (which, again I'll make an assumption of around $300 US) you should try to find a guitar with a solid top. Solid wood has better tone than laminate.

Again, avoid Fender, Ibanez, and Dean acoustics like the PLAGUE!

Oh, and don't listen to the idiot below me.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Dec 25, 2008,
Quote by Natrone
BAD. Very bad. Fender, Ibanez, and Dean acoustics should be avoided like the plague. Actually, the general rule is if they are known for electrics, the company's acoustics should be avoided. Of course, Epiphone and Gibson are exceptions to the rule, but that is a technicallity.

If you won't use if for gigs, you don't need electronics. They don't make the guitar any more special than a pure acoustic if you won't be plugging in, and in your price range, any acoustic-electric you find will be a really crappy guitar with really crappy electronics.

I have no idea what you mean by cut body and something skinnier than the fat ones. I assume that you are an electric player who wants to buy and acoustic and thinks they are too thick because you're used to your little 2" thick electric. Get a full bodied acoustic. It will have fuller, better tone.

You say you like thinner necks. Give Takamine a look. They make really good guitars for the price, and they have nice, thin necks and really low action. I have one. I love it.

Basically, in your price range (which, again I'll make an assumption of around $300 US) you should try to find a guitar with a solid top. Solid wood has better tone than laminate.

This man speaks the truth! Listen to him! (although I have heard passable fender acoustics, nothing special though.)

I would add that if you don't intend to take very good care of the guitar, say if you want to take it camping and on road trips, wail on it at parties, and not humidify it in the winter (assuming you have to run the heat where you live) then you might want to find a really nice sounding laminate guitar (they do exist). They're more durable. Also, while IMO it's absolutely critical to have a full depth body, if you really want upper fret access, cutaways are acceptable. They always have a noticeable effect on tone, but they've been doing those for so long that it's a pretty well understood technique and won't kill you.
Quote by Natrone

ya i owned a tekkimine jasmine. It sounded really goods and it was 100 bucks. But i want a more durable on. Also ya the guitar was full body just very bulky. Is there any good tekimines fior under 300 ?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ovation-GC057-Celebrity-Mid-Depth-Bowl-AcousticElectric?sku=513292

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Last edited by silly6-string at Dec 25, 2008,
Better guitars tend to be less durable. Less bracing allows the wood to vibrate more freely, but reduces strength.

I'm not a fan of Ovations (or any archback guitar for that matter). A few people swear by them, most dislike them because the lack of displacement usually leads to weak bass. Also, they will not sit well in your lap if you want to play sitting down.
i must have lucked out then because i have an ibanez artwood acoustic that i love.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
mm, I have a fender DG-5 which i can't complain about. Lovely rich sound. And only a cheap guitar at £70.
Quote by ccatrackstar
i must have lucked out then because i have an ibanez artwood acoustic that i love.

thats your opinion probably affected by company name and the fact it looks nice.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Quote by silly6-string
well i still wnt the bass just not a huge guitar? any ideas for 300 dollors?

Check out the sticky at the top of the forum. The first couple of pages have some really great acoustics to look at.

You said you had a Takamine Jasmine. Jasmines are really cheaply made discount brand Takamines that are hardly worth the wood they're made out of. A REAL Takamine, you know, the ones that say Takamine on the headstock? Those are a completely different story.

EDIT: Oh, and TS? Not to be mean or anything, but you really should work on your spelling and grammar. If you spell the words in your post right it makes you look much more educated and mature.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Check out the sticky at the top of the forum. The first couple of pages have some really great acoustics to look at.

You said you had a Takamine Jasmine. Jasmines are really cheaply made discount brand Takamines that are hardly worth the wood they're made out of. A REAL Takamine, you know, the ones that say Takamine on the headstock? Those are a completely different story.

EDIT: Oh, and TS? Not to be mean or anything, but you really should work on your spelling and grammar. If you spell the words in your post right it makes you look much more educated and mature.

are u saying that Takamines are bad?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
i own one. its cool - i run it outta marshall as50d and it sounds very good for teh price you pay for both. Its solid as a rock and seems to be a very perminent guitar. The pick up is good but sometimes a little quiet so if your playing with a small amp then you might want to concider a booster.

Just check the reveiws on the page you showed me.
Last edited by IYanoplathizoI at Dec 26, 2008,