Page 1 of 2
So, about a month ago I promise this girl I will get/make her some Epic cool awesome gift for Christmas(which I personally don't celebrate, but she does) Long story short, I forgot to get her something, and then accidentally promised I'd write some peice of piano music for her, and send her the sheet music(She lives far away, and she is a pianist you see) and I pretty much have nothing in the order of piano music to give her, and I found out it is really hard to write piano music. So pit,I come to you in my hour of need...What do I do?
Quote by Meths

fret-less is wrong on most of his other points though. And he's an idiot.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Whos penis is small? fret-less's

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
(He was mean to me once, and I'm a petty man)
Write the music...?
Gamertag: KuroNeko117 - ADD ME ^_^

ILikeC OLOURS

Don't drink drive you'll spill your drink
Dude, if she lives far away, just ignore her for a while until she forgets.

What do you celebrate instead? Maybe you should tell her you thought Christmas was next week, and then write super fast..

And there is always plagiarism..

myspace.com/weasheroesband
At least you learned your lesson - Lying doesn't work too well.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
new religion by black label society

that or yankee doodle
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
It's 1:00 A.M. Christmas morning, I don't think I have time to write the music.
Quote by Meths

Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Print out the sheet music for Never Gonna Give You Up.

And when she goes to play it...jizz in her eye.

ha XianXiuHong knows
Why are you wasting your time writing music for a girl who lives far away?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
simple chord progression, done. just tell her your not much of a piano player
Quote by DirtyMakik
Pointless threads like those make me cry my bloody cum out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSkGg-Ly8xI

Steal this. I doubt she'll recognize it.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Plagiarism is illegal I think. And ignoring her would only make the situation worse, she knows I know it is Christmas,and I'm an Athiest-Agnostic.
Quote by Meths

Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs

just ****ing do it man. im sure you have at least an ounce of theory in you. just write a crappy ass song with guitar chords on guitar pro and call it a heartfelt song.
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
tell her the truth.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
She is a friend of mine, she knows I can do better than a chord progression, and I can't do youtube, but thanks.
Quote by Meths

Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs

Quote by fret-less
Plagiarism is illegal I think. And ignoring her would only make the situation worse, she knows I know it is Christmas,and I'm an Athiest-Agnostic.

Are you serious? You seriously think you'll get into legal trouble over something you sent your friend?

Just write a simple three or four chord progression and arpeggiate it with your left hand, like the video I just posted. Then play a simple melody with your right hand. Then write a bridge that goes along with what you wrote.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I don't have guitar pro, and I'd like to tell her the truth, but this is like the 5th time in a row I let her down
Quote by Meths

Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs

well you have two options:

1. do something

2. lament to people on ug about how youre not gonna do anything

take your pick
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Just send her some slightly less obvious Final Fantasy soundtracks.

It's awesome, and she probably wont realise you didn't write it.
get partially drunk and sit at the piano and write
worked for that guy who wrote iris
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Quote by think11270
Dude, if she lives far away, just ignore her for a while until she forgets.

Hahaha, I lol'd at this.
Write something quickly.

Verse
All you need is a basis of 4 chords, however basic. Construct a rhythm, then place arpeggois containing notes from each chord on top. Make the arpeggios gradually build in intensity/speed/pitch, to lead into the chorus.

Chorus
Basis of 4 chords, again. Create an arpeggio-based melody on top of the chords, except this time, make it catchy or whatever. Increase the texture or make it louder, to portray a change in the music.

Verse

Chorus

Climax
Arpeggios quickly increase in intensity/speed/pitch. Create a long, flowing run which reaches the highest note in the song.

Chorus

Chorus

I dunno, I made this up quickly as I had to go. It's most likely an incorrect structure, however I had minimal time to construct this. Hope everything goes well.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Just send her some slightly less obvious Final Fantasy soundtracks.

It's awesome, and she probably wont realise you didn't write it.

Ahem... To Zanarkand. Few posts up.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
You guys don't by any chance have some PERSONAL works I can pladiarise do you...I mean *cough* I'd like it to be something I acctually wrote, but it is hella hard work to write out piano music, and I only have like 7 hours(with no sleep time) to do it in, because she is in town for christmas, and I will see her today.
Quote by Meths

Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs

Quote by fret-less
...promised I'd write some peice of piano music for her...

...I found out it is really hard to write piano music.

Now, what have we learnt?

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by fret-less
I don't have guitar pro, and I'd like to tell her the truth, but this is like the 5th time in a row I let her down

That means she's used to it, and you have nothing to worry about.
Quote by fret-less
You guys don't by any chance have some PERSONAL works I can pladiarise do you...I mean *cough* I'd like it to be something I acctually wrote, but it is hella hard work to write out piano music, and I only have like 7 hours(with no sleep time) to do it in, because she is in town for christmas, and I will see her today.

I have a piano piece on guitar pro that half sucks and needs finishing up....you want it? it might be a start. And I have no intentions of going further with it. It sounds shite, but you can tell work has been put into it, maybe she will see that (???).
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Soulfly...I don't have ANY music programs on my computer, to caMRocks, I HAVE learned something, and that is that I am a big douche fro doing this to her. To Post?Organic...You made me sad...
Quote by Meths

Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs

Quote by fret-less
this is like the 5th time in a row I let her down

Haha, jesus christ, she's probably going to dump you anyway then, seeing as 99% of chicks don't even give you 2 chances. The only way she would accept repeated, consistent failure like that from a boyfriend would be if she's either a vegatable, or if she's screwing another dude. Or both I guess. So long story short, she's probably cheating on you anyway so don't bother.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Haha, jesus christ, she's probably going to dump you anyway then, seeing as 99% of chicks don't even give you 2 chances. The only way she would accept repeated, consistent failure like that from a boyfriend would be if she's either a vegatable, or if she's screwing another dude. Or both I guess. So long story short, she's probably cheating on you anyway so don't bother.

haha this reminded me of the time I was in elentary and "impressing" people with my knowledge of pyrotechnics and explosive material that I learned from the internet and this girl was interested and I made up some stuff like "if you light orange juice it will make into a crystalline fire" and then she never talked to me again.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by fret-less
caMRocks, I HAVE learned something, and that is that I am a big douche fro doing this to her.

Now, as it is so late, I believe your only option is to come clean.

OR, you could say that it isn't done and you want it to be perfect for her. But then in a months time you'll probably have the same freak out again.

EDIT: AND hopefully you've learnt by now, lying just makes everything worse.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
LacesOutDanny, it is a nice intention, but I was kinda kidding. Thanks though. Actually, I would like to see it, Maybe if I ever get good at writing piano music Ican finnish it, and send it back to you as a colaberative effort? If you want to P.M. it I would like to see it, I am allways interested in new music.And BeetRoot, I SUCK at lyrics or else I would totally do that.
Quote by Meths

Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

Now, as it is so late, I believe your only option is to come clean.

OR, you could say that it isn't done and you want it to be perfect for her. But then in a months time you'll probably have the same freak out again.

EDIT: AND hopefully you've learnt by now, lying just makes everything worse.

Quote by fret-less

Yea man, no problem. Just go into my Myspace profile page and download the music I have on the player there, then just say you made it. Say you wrote it for here to express your feelings for her and all that sh*t.

The URL is:
www.myspace.com/bluewhistle1988
Last edited by AVA_Plus44_182 at Dec 25, 2008,
Quote by Sonicxlover
Ahem... To Zanarkand. Few posts up.

I don't think that that's a more obscure Nobuo piece. There's good piano music from FF7 and 8 that will probably never be found out.
Page 1 of 2