I'm not sure if this should go in the VK thread but what the hell.
My mum and dad got me just what I wanted, a VK 112 and a Maxon OD-9.
I'm finding it really hard to use/dissapointing tbh.
I can get a better metal tone out of my microcube.
I'm trying to get a metal tone/hard rock and I don't know how I should use the pedal and stuff.
Can anyone help us?
I did look in the VK thread but it was kind of useless.
on the valveking, turn the gain boost off. on the OD pedal, turn the gain all the way down and the level to 1-3 o clock. set tone control to likings. mess around with the amp's EQ (i dont have any specific settings to give you, i dont own the amp). thats how the pedal is supposed to be used, tell me how it sounds merry christmas, btw
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
on the valveking, turn the gain boost off. on the OD pedal, turn the gain all the way down and the level to 1-3 o clock. set tone control to likings. mess around with the amp's EQ (i dont have any specific settings to give you, i dont own the amp). thats how the pedal is supposed to be used, tell me how it sounds merry christmas, btw

+1

What are your current settings for everything on the lead channel and on the OD?

*Also, the speaker swap is much more dramatic tonewise, but your OD should help until/if you choose to change the speaker.
Sh*t thought this thread died, just brought up another one lol.
I find the amp a bit muddy, should I ugrade speaker first or buy an EQ?
And which speaker? I have no idea what to get when it comes to stuff like this.