Hello, my name is not important, and I have a problem.

Basically, I overspent heavily in the last month or so. I started this month with a Gibson SG, a Jackson RR5, and a Mesa Boogie Subway Rocket, and a debt of about 200 dollars. I ended the month with those, plus an Orange Tiny Terror, a Fender Jazz Bass (MIM), and a Carvin R-1000 (1000W) Bass amp, with a much higher debt.

Basically, I need to downsize.. but this is almost impossible. The Jackson+Mesa is a phenomenal metal sound - I bring honor to the Rhoads name (at least tone wise), and the Orange+SG has a fantastic vintage tone, perfect for any Sabbath, Zeppelin, or anything vintage, along with a little metal. But however, mixing and matching does not work. The Jackson is okay on the Orange, but the Orange doesn't have the metal tone (unless I were to buy a pedal... hmm..), and the SG on the Mesa is still a great sound, but not Jackson+Mesa sound.

I love both metal and my vintage sound. I write music that involves both, but these amps perfectly complement each other. Yet, with this money problem... what do I do?

One catch: The RR5 stays. I can part with anything else, but me and the RR5 have a relationship. And the Mesa, a bit. But the RR5 stays.

So...
1. Sell Mesa? Net: ~500 bucks.
2. Return the Orange? ~700 bucks.
3. Sell SG and POD 2.0, buy good distortion pedal? ~700 bucks, total.
4. Give up bass and sell both Jazz+Carvin? ~700 bucks.
Or...
5. Sell Orange+SG and get a B-52 AT-100 Head+Cab Half-stack?

Any advice is appreciated... if I could just pair up the Jackson with the Orange...
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
Last edited by xkingd117x at Dec 25, 2008,
Do you need a B-52? If not, sell the Orange and SG.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by xkingd117x
Hello, my name is not important, and I have a problem.

Basically, I overspent heavily in the last month or so. I started this month with a Gibson SG, a Jackson RR5, and a Mesa Boogie Subway Rocket, and a debt of about 200 dollars. I ended the month with those, plus an Orange Tiny Terror, a Fender Jazz Bass (MIM), and a Carvin R-1000 (1000W) Bass amp, with a much higher debt.

Basically, I need to downsize.. but this is almost impossible. The Jackson+Mesa is a phenomenal metal sound - I bring honor to the Rhoads name (at least tone wise), and the Orange+SG has a fantastic vintage tone, perfect for any Sabbath, Zeppelin, or anything vintage, along with a little metal. But however, mixing and matching does not work. The Jackson is okay on the Orange, but the Orange doesn't have the metal tone (unless I were to buy a pedal... hmm..), and the SG on the Mesa is still a great sound, but not Jackson+Mesa sound.

I love both metal and my vintage sound. I write music that involves both, but these amps perfectly complement each other. Yet, with this money problem... what do I do?

One catch: The RR5 stays. I can part with anything else, but me and the RR5 have a relationship. And the Mesa, a bit. But the RR5 stays.

So...
1. Sell Mesa? Net: ~500 bucks.
2. Return the Orange? ~700 bucks.
3. Sell SG and POD 2.0, buy good distortion pedal? ~700 bucks, total.
4. Give up bass and sell both Jazz+Carvin? ~700 bucks.
Or...
5. Sell Orange+SG and get a B-52 AT-100 Head+Cab Half-stack?

Any advice is appreciated... if I could just pair up the Jackson with the Orange...

It's not remotely impossible, you either sell some gear or you end up in even more ****...you need to learn to live within your means.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
It's not remotely impossible, you either sell some gear or you end up in even more ****...you need to learn to live within your means.

+1
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
+1

Okay, so its not "impossible", obviously, if i'm asking for advice.

But you should know what I mean. If I like both Metal, and Vintage tone, how can I come to a compromise here?

And I would "live within my means", but I've gotten great deals on all these amps. 350 bucks for the Gibson in perfect condition, 700 for the Rhoads, 100 for the Carvin, 400 for the Mesa, and 550 for the Orange. Things that I can't just let pass by.

I'm just asking this community, perhaps foolishly, if there's anyway to get all my tones, but get rid of some equipment.
It's called money management. I'm a third year financial management student. PM me.
Quote by WantzChas
It's called money management. I'm a third year financial management student. PM me.

I'm a 2nd year Psychology/Business major. I know how money works, this wouldn't be too big of a deal of the economy didn't tank. (I invested a summers worth of money, and watched the economy crash overnight.)
But.. thanks for the offer? Hahaha.
either sell the mesa and the orange and get a lower price amp that can cover both areas well

or I'd sell the bass stuff for sure and perhaps the pod just to get rid of the debt.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I'd say sell the Bass stuff too, as you seem more so a normal guitarist.

I know what its like, im trying to get rid of some stuff too
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
I'd say drop the bass gear.
You seem to be really attached to the guitar set ups but you don't really seem to give a crap about the bass rig.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

sell the bass gear
if you can sell the pod too
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Yeah, this is true.. I've been looking at getting into bass, but I suppose I dont really need a 400 dollar Jazz Bass and a 1000 watt Carvin right now...
Although i'm sure the people in the dorms would be really happy to hear that amp at 4am sometime...
man, sell the bass stuff and as much of the little things as you can part with. money is tight right now, and i honestly can't believe you bought all that. i do appreciate the complementary set-ups you have though. sell the bass stuff, at least.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5