Ok so Christmas money needs a use, and this year I'm planning on spending it on a few "Teach Yourself Piano" books.

Can anyone recommend some good ones and, if possible, where to get them/prices etc (I'm in Scotland btw).

I'm pretty much a complete novice so I need help with everything from sheet music to chords.

Any recommendations?
i played piano for 9 years and spent roughly $12000 on lessons. now i'm a novice guitar player posting on the pit.

you can't run, you can't hide. ug will find you
Quote by dragoo-mon
i played piano for 9 years and spent roughly $12000 on lessons. now i'm a novice guitar player posting on the pit.

you can't run, you can't hide. ug will find you

...what?
Where abouts in scotland? I imagine Mccormacks (spelling is wrong but hey) in Glasgow would stock some stuff. Also amazon.co.uk would probabely have everything you ever wanted. Sorry but I have no idea what to get but I hope I helped with where to ge it.
Quote by leeb rocks
Where abouts in scotland? I imagine Mccormacks (spelling is wrong but hey) in Glasgow would stock some stuff. Also amazon.co.uk would probabely have everything you ever wanted. Sorry but I have no idea what to get but I hope I helped with where to ge it.

I've got an idea of various music shops in my local town (Ayr) and nearest city (Glasgow), but just so that like if people recommend books and prices they can say like say £20 at Amazon or something.
Uhhh start with just basic books and then start getting song books.

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
Quote by tugboat
Uhhh start with just basic books and then start getting song books.

I know but can anyone recommend a PARTICULAR basic book. Like any they've had good experiences with themselves.
how did you learn guitar?
did that work out for you?
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by untalented
how did you learn guitar?
did that work out for you?

Lessons. But credit crunch and all I can't really afford that for piano.

I dunno, I've got a pretty good grasp of theory, but a lot of that is guitar based and I can't read sheet music at all. I'm really looking for a book to teach me sheet music and then how to "make" chords etc.