what song do you play if somebody asks you "come on, play some guitar for us"

Page 1 of 6
my family wants me to play a little guitar for them this afternoon, i am going to play

back in black -ac(insert thunderbolt here)dc
my friends - RHCP
a maroon 5 song i can't remember the name of cos i'm in england

what do you play for your family/girlfriend/friend/hobo relative when they ask you to "play a little guitar?"
some agalloch song and say I made it up myself
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
I drone on a G.

Shuts them up. They won't ask me again.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Back In Black - AC/DC
Good Riddance - Green Day
Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers

They're my main 3, they're pretty well known and usually well-recieved.
i just do some free-style slow finger picking
slow trancey type stuff
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
I just shred up and down a scale, usually impresses.
Or I play some BTBAM soft solo.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
some form of death metal
Yeah i finally got round to all this, so, what shall i put here?

*insert hillarious ego boosting qoute here*

THE GAME
you just lost it
Well, if you are going to be a little more fun you could always play Bachs Bouree. Or you could play Backmores Night Memmingen. it sounds just great. And it actually wont be boring to listen to. Which is the case of you playing ac/dc whiteout being an original member. But maybe you are?
I just play my original **** cause when they ask what it is and I say I made it they seem pretty impressed.
Quote by andy_thomas
That depends, when you look at a map is west left or right?

If you think I care about what you say to me you are sadly mistaken.
It depends. For a girl it'll be Wonderwall, Like a Stone or one of my softer songs, for the boys it'll be one of my heavier songs or Serve The Servants.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I just play the chord of D over and over again at increasing and decreasing tempos. Then I slide up the fret board slowly and tremelo pick the highest note on the guitar and then smash the guitar off of the nearest table.
smoke on the water, some barre chords ar an improvised chord probression

or a 5 minute metal symphony using the G major scale (haha its not impossible, and it bores people to death)
Quote by aaciseric
I just play the chord of D over and over again at increasing and decreasing tempos. Then I slide up the fret board slowly and tremelo pick the highest note on the guitar and then smash the guitar off of the nearest table.

Awesome.

Oh on topic (not that anyone in the Pit cares): Blackbird by the Beatles, maybe a Metallica tune, Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24, Carry on Wayward Son.
GO YANKEES!
If I'm handed an acoustic, I'll probably play Drifting by Andy Mckee. If I get handed an electric then most likely a bit of Sylosis or whatever sounds good in whatever tuning the guitar is in
ohai little sig.
Blackbird, Here Comes the Sun, or Happiness/Waltz #2 by Elliott.

I've done blackbird numerous times though when have ppl asked me that
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
I play, "**** off and play guitar yourself, dick head."
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I usually play Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix.. And then the noob that asked me to play has a "que?" look on his face and has no idea what I just played. -_- Yes all my friends are noobs.
Quote by Finnepinne
I usually play Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix.. And then the noob that asked me to play has a "que?" look on his face and has no idea what I just played. -_- Yes all my friends are noobs.

Maybe you're playing it wrong.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I was asked to play guitar for my family last night.

I just played random riffs and improvised some stuff. I played one 5 second riff from that Santana song "Maria Maria", and everyone was amazed.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
i play some metallica if given an electric, or 1979 by the SP if given an acoustic.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Usually it's either Cherub Rock or Jellybelly by the Pumpkins.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
It depends on the guitar, tuning, who asks, etc.

Hypothetically, if someone have my an acoustic guitar in standard I'd play Drive - Incubus. If I got an Electric Guitar in standard, I'd play Push Push (Lady Lightning)
If someone asks me to play the guitar at a party or something I usually reply "Fuck off, I play the piano".
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Little Wing

Or improvise some funk, blues or drop c jazz.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Classico by Tenacious D
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
i think it says MG here on a little note too
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
whatever comes into my head, right now it would be caught up by the fall of troy
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Kensai
If someone asks me to play the guitar at a party or something I usually reply "Fuck off, I play the piano".

Yeah, I hear you're huge at Ultimate-Organ.com.

Oh... Wait...
improv some solo, with some fast legato runs and maybe a sweep or two, just too impress them.
Crazy Train seems to work pretty good all around. Guys, girls, metal heads - everyone likes Crazy Train.

EVERYONE!
OR ELSE!

...or else I'll play whatever I feel like. Sometimes Battery isn't bad. Or if its a girl who really likes pussy ass music... More Than Words by Extreme. Meh.
..saying I loooooove you, is not the words I want to hear from yoooou...
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
Meh, mine always seems to be Little Wing / Classical Gas / Always with me, always with you...
Unless your faced by a totally noob, they'll probably just be like 'wat' if you play some runs / sweeps (plus, you'll look a ****).
I improvise some jazz **** on my bass if anyone asks.

Then my dad tries to be cool and do the same thing, and fails, so I look even better.

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.