Page 1 of 2
Soooo... My family and I sat down for Christmas dinner about an hour and a half ago, my mum was happily listening to Josh Groban (fair enough, it's Christmas).

Until my dad turns around and asked me to put something good on... 'How about that Opeth band... they released a chilled album didn't they?'

I didn't need to be told twice... I sprinted to my room with a mouth full of turkey and roast potato, grabbed Opeth's 'Damnation' and popped it on.

Turns out everyone enjoyed it.

Goodtimes!

Anyone else listen to anything remotely good whilst eating Christmas dinner?

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
Only one things I can say:

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Minkaro
You should have switched it for Deliverance while no one was looking.

oh if only... that's the stuff dreams are made of!
Count your blessings. This is the kind of music my dad plays at the dinnertable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDef4hacpQE
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Well, we don't celebrate Christmas, but I played Definitely Maybe at dinner tonight, does that count? It was just a normal dinner.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Well, we don't celebrate Christmas, but I played Definitely Maybe at dinner tonight, does that count? It was just a normal dinner.

Good album.
RULE BRITANNIA
I spent all of yesterday listening to Suffocation

death metal + christmas eve = teh win
I never play Music at the Christmas dinner table.. It's an idea though
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
I never manage to get away with metal at dinner.

Maybe some Death Cab, that's as brutal as Christmas gets.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by Minkaro
You should have switched it for Dragonforce while no one was looking.

Fixed.
We ended up having Harry ****ing Potter on the TV

How dull
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
We watched Colbert Christmas.
Duncan.Hills.Duncan.Hills. COFFEE!!!

If a tree falls in the woods, and a man is there to hear it, but the tree crushes the man, does the man dying make a sound?
we don't listen to music at christmas dinner. just listen to everyone bitch and moan about how cold the turkey is and how lumpy the mashed potatoes are.
My family listened to the Umphrey's McGee Christmas tracks they just released, and also Grateful Grass (Keller Williams, Jeff Austin and Keith Moseley)
Quote by Shyne
Soooo... My family and I sat down for Christmas dinner about an hour and a half ago, my mum was happily listening to Josh Groban (fair enough, it's Christmas).

YOU RAISED ME UUUUUUP!

I do like Josh Groban, but Opeth's Damnation album is equally good.
NOPE.
I played Damnation for my mum, and now she loves it and plays it at dinner parties and stuff she's not such a fan of the heavier stuff though..
My dad will probably put on Jethro Tull Christmas, Brian Setzer Orchestra's "Boogie Woogie Christmas", and Charlie Brown christmas.

I can live with that.

But I can't convince him to put on We Wish You A Metal Christmas or A Very Twisted Christmas
my mom hates metal but she had me put damnation on her ipod.
In heaven, all interesting people are absent.
Quote by wizards?
That's pretty cool TS, I'm going to try and get some Jeff Buckley on while we eat. I'm pretty sure they won't mind it.

I personally would have gone for Buckers... But this year it's all so cliche with the whole Hallelujah business.

Oh and Tom...

Opeth > Holocaust

and in turn

Holocaust > Dragonforce
Page 1 of 2