so i got a Fender Vibro Champ XD for xmas, and it has a single 6V6 tube and a 12ax7 Pre-amp tube

what precautions/spacing from walls/ cleaning and all that?
this is my first tube amp, upgrading from my Peavey rage 158 (i no, it sucked)

why doesnt it go on full volume when i turn it on, it takes lie 10 seconds? is it beacause the tubes have to "warm up".what exactly is warming up?

what if i leave this amp on for maybe 2-3 hours while not playing? (if i forget to turn it off)

thanks

want pics?
ask and you get
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Last edited by nowa90 at Dec 25, 2008,
The amp has no volume for the first few minutes as it allows the tubes to warm up before putting them into operation.
Or something.

Keep a reasonable distance between the amp the wall - I'd say, as rule of thumb, the distance must be no smaller then the size of your foot.

If you forgot to turn it off, all you'll find is that your room will be slightly hot. Nothing bad will generally happen.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
The amp has no volume for the first few minutes as it allows the tubes to warm up before putting them into operation.
Or something.

Keep a reasonable distance between the amp the wall - I'd say, as rule of thumb, the distance must be no smaller then the size of your foot.

If you forgot to turn it off, all you'll find is that your room will be slightly hot. Nothing bad will generally happen.

now its like 3 1/2 feet away...for how long should i let them warm up? i usually let for like15 seconds then start playing,is that bad?only twice though

whats the safeway to turn it off?just turn off the switch on the back?
Quote by nowa90
now its like 3 1/2 feet away...for how long should i let them warm up? i usually let for like15 seconds then start playing,is that bad?only twice though

whats the safeway to turn it off?just turn off the switch on the back?

you should leave it for atleast a minute, if you have time give it 5 for, and the safe way to turn off is standby > then power off
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
you should leave it for atleast a minute, if you have time give it 5 for, and the safe way to turn off is standby > then power off

standby? there is no switch for that..
Just turn it on and off like you normally would.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD